cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions and best practice around LOV in BOBJ (v4.1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this is the correct forum to post this question I have around LOV in BOBJ universes.

Our DIMs are based on table values in a CMS db. All values are administrated by the users in our CMS application. Some DIMs changed frequently and some are more static, but all can be changed, deleted and new can be added. No custom made lists.

We want the user to select the prompt using either the DIM object itself or predefined filters based on existing DIMs. Most of the reports (80%) are scheduled by the users. We are not using deski.

I’m using Universe designer primarily because the universes and reports have been migrated from XI-R2.

We had an issue where the predefined filter displayed totally different values in the prompt of a report. We found out that this had to do with the LOV. Deselecting ‘Export with universe’ in properties of the object solved the issue. Selections were ‘Allow users to edit the list of values’, ‘Automatically refresh before use’ and ‘Export with universe’. Also purging the LOV gave the same result.

Given the above scenario, what would be the most suitable settings for the objects used in prompts displaying DIMs from the db ensuring the users to see updated values but also present as responsive system as possible? What should be the selections in DIM properties and why? How should the LOV be treated if included; purged and/or refreshed?

Thx for any input on your experience.

BR,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one question that sprang to mind is, have the universes been converted to IDT .unx type? or have they remained as Designer .unv ?

On this occasion i'm going to refer you to some 'guru' information from external sources which say it better than I could   Optimizing Universe Lists of Values | Michael’s BI Safari

and Export LOV with Universe

Regards,
H