cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microchart Issue with negative values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using Webi to create microcharts for viewing on IOS, but if my data contains any negative values then the app crashes.

BO4.0 SP6

App v6.1.9

The report in question is looking at the last 8 weeks sales trend (year on year %). The report displays as normal in all cases when you open it - it's only when double tapping the chart to expand it.

If I hard code some numbers which are all positive the graph can be expanded without any issue. But using the genuine data if any of the last 8 weeks had negative growth, when I double tap the chart the app crashes.

Is this a known issue?

Has anyone else found this problem?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't see anything in the issues/notes database about this issue specifically. so I had a look at this fixed issues list for ios 6.1.11 https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100020998122014E/6111_mobiOS_FixedIssues_en.pdf

and there's nothing related to 'crash' workflows beyond 6.1.9's fix "When you open the Web Intelligence report and change the sections within the high level section, the report crashes."

in a similar ballpark is 2074213 - Incorrect formatting of negative values in Webi report
viewed in SAP Mobile BI for iOS
but that's for Geo and no crash - still being investigated by DEV

if you've found a systematically reproducible workflow *that can still be reproduced on 6.1.11 (or highest at time of writing)* I'd recommend logging a ticket with support component  MOB-APP-BI-IOS - it would be great to get fixed quickly

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry.

I've tested this again using 6.1.11 and it's still the same issue; as soon as your dataset includes a negative value the app crashes when you double tap the microchart. Take the negatives out and it works again.

I'll pass the details on to get a fault raised.

Cheers,

Giles

Answers (0)