cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Mac, and when I print any spool request, this not print.

My Device Type in SPAD Transaction is POST2 and Host Spool Access Method is G.

When I want to print any spool order from SAP this appear with status completed, but in my Mac not appear any prompt from select the printer.

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I made indicating the pdf and still does not work.

Any idea.

Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

this problem might happen when the "No Device Selection at Frontend" flag is activated, and the R/3 spool will be sent to the wrong printer on the printer.

This flag can be checked here:

• transaction SPAD
  • display the Output Device which is used
  • switch to tab "Access Method"
  • ensure that "No Device Selection at Frontend" is not checked.

If this still didn't solve the problem: open the printing queue on Mac (if possible: also stop it temporarily), and see whether the R/3 spool will appear.

This way it can be ruled out whether R/3 at least sends the print data to the frontend.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

What did you set for "Host printer" on the "Access Method" tab in your Output Device setup in SPAD? When using access method G the host printer needs to be set to something that exists on every Mac using the device (on Windows, it can be set to __DEFAULT, but I don't think this works on Macs).

Are you using the SAPGUI for Java or HTML (aka WebGUI)? If using the WebGUI, there is a different method required than in the JavaGUI.

Have a look at Note 128105 (Front-end printing collective note).

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Host printer __DEFAULT works for me, along with access method G and device type POST2.

Steve.