cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing: LOCL: Barcodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a client who has experienced some issues printing.  The device was set to LOCL, the access method was F.  The spool request shows as "completed" in SP01, but no output.

I changed the access method to G (user connects via Citrix, G is recommended I believe) and user now receives a printed document.

However, the document in question contains a barcode.  And the barcode does not print.

If anyone has seen this before and can offer a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yiming_zhang
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are several methods to print barcode in SAP. Please see note 1557674.

If you use output device LOCL, I guess the device type used is like SAPWIN. In this case, barcode.dll is required.

Usually, the 'new barcode technology' is an easy way to print barcode.

All these information are described in note 1557674. This note should be helpful.

Regards,
Yiming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barcode printing issues used to come up weekly where I used to work... it's been a while since I've dealt with one, but I do recall that printing from LOCL often resulted in problems - we usually had to create a specific printer in SAP pointing to a Windows or UNIX queue using the U or S access method, and making sure we got the right device type...

Firstly though I'd ask these questions of the user: has he been able to do this before, or is this new? If he has, what has changed - was it definitely using LOCL before? Perhaps something changed on the queue at the end (i.e. Windows drivers)... can his colleagues do this (are they using a different method, i.e. U or S)? etc...

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos