Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving NWBC Quicklaunch Autofill

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We've got two questions about the NWBC autofill (start typing transaction name in the quick launch bar and you get a list of functions)

We are running NWBC4 PL12

1.  The autofill for Transactions and Applications is very useful but is case sensitive, i.e. if I am looking for ME21N Create Purchase Order, "create pur" will not find it but "Create Pur" will.  Is there any way to fix this?  If not, which is the lowest version of NWBC where this is fixed?  NWBC4 PL13 or PL14?

2. Can we control the transactions that appear in this search?  For example, there are two transactions Create Purchase Order - ME21 and ME21N.  We would prefer that only the latter appears because we don't use ME21.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Not sure about your 1st question, but on the 2nd my understanding is that if the user doesn't have authorization to ME21 then they should not see it, unless it is in their NWBC menu (then I think it probably will appear whether they have authorization or not). When I am back in front of my own system I will take a look at the case sensitive issue.

Hth,

Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris ... I'm in the same NWBC level; offer No solution, but some workaround ...

1) You're right, the SAP Tcode search in the "Transactions & Application" is case sensitive. But the funny thing is, the search under "My Work Area" and "Favorites & Recent Items) is NOT case sensitive.  So you either incorporate the Tcode as part of your IT NWBC roles; or if it's not there the work around that I suggested for my user, just adopt a tcode as your favorite and the search will be there for you. The selling point, user could name it anything you like (e.g. PO create)

2) Ditto ... To Simon point, the search will bring out the result in the "Transactions & Application", even if the user does NOT have access to the Tcode (Something that security team is not keen about). That's the reason why we place  "Transactions & Application" at the end of our search result ...

christopher_griffin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, useful input and some interesting workarounds that I will investigate.  Unfortunately our user menu is not that great at the moment so we can't depend on it as top search provider.

Still would like to know if the case sensitivity is solved in NWBC4 PL13/14 or NWBC5.  Anyone?