cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.4 Java stack only - SOAP (Web Service scenario)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to develop a following scenarion on SAP PI 7.4 on HANA Java stack only installation of PI.

I need to provide a web service with SOAP protocol (SOAP sender adapter) with synchronous response. The problem is this should be as fast scenario as possible in terms of performance because I need to process as many messages as possible in a second - simple stucture, no mapping or maybe just simple mapping with a Java function call to database on PI side (no call to SAP ERP database needed in this scenario). Function is going to check some values, do some calculations maybe put some records in any other table and then generate response (simple structure) and send it back to external server.

As I stated before, the big issue here is performance (parallelism will be definetly included here) and i don't know how to check a record from a database on Java side in PI (connection???).

If you got any expertise on such or maybe similar scenarios, please advise me.

Thanks very much

Boštjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bostjan,

Your sender adapter and your performance issue is clear, however i don't understand properly if you only need to check data in one external database. Your scenario would be a SOAP - JDBC, JDBC adapter is enough quicker to have a good time of response. You can use the XML format proposed by SAP, check this link Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki,

thank you for your fast response.

And I must admit that I had in mind a connection from PI to HANA database through JDBC protocol, but...:)

Could you give me a hint how to configure a connection from PI to HANA database with JDBC and perhaps how to build a select statement through mapping or any other way... I am still a bit new to HANA and PI 7.4.

I tried to connect to HANA, but I am getting an error on JDBC connection

Communication Channel Monitoring:

SOAP: Call failed: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when attempting to get processing resources: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: DriverManagerException: Cannot establish connection with the registered driver. com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver returns: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://localhost:53015 [Cannot connect to host localhost:53015 [Connection refused: connect (port 53015 to address 127.0.0.1 (HOST_NAME))], -813.]..
: JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: Cannot connect to jdbc:sap://localhost:53015 [Cannot connect to host localhost:53015 [Connection refused: connect (port 5

Thank you very much,

Boštjan