cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO SNP data extraction to SAP BW 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Gurus,

We are trying to Extract order Data from SAP SNP Live Cache to SAP BW, but I have not found a correct answer yet on the forums. It will  be great if some one  can provide a step by step approach to extract data successfully out of APO SNP right from the Data source level. We want to make sure that all the data is successfully extracted from the planning books/Planning Area. Are there any important steps we need to take to make sure that all the data is extracted successfully to BW 7.3 system. Its urgent and any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Baldeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Makes perfect sense but for some reason the APO project team folks have developed this notion that, the standard DS mechanism is not pulling correct data out of planning books for order Series data. Some home some order level information in missing in the DS at APO side itself, what could be the potential reason for this Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baldeep,

Now this is little bit tricky ..

You need to first understand that APO planning book data is not dynamic.. Its keep changing, because users keep forecasting.

the point of data when BW extracts data always matches with APO.. but after sometime the planning book data keeps changing.. so If the user wants as is data to be matched then I don't think you would be able to match. It will be like, he is comparing APPLES to ORANGEs.. that's why we compare through snapshots.

Regards,

Ashu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

I think we want to pull daily data, but I am not wrong we cannot pull data directly out of Order series key figures. First we have to create time series Key figures and then copy Order series data to these newly created Key figures. Please let me know if its the correct approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baldeep,

It is the similar process how you extract data from other source systems.

There are no important steps in BW 7.3. All you have to make sure that you have data in the planning books on the source side.

Since you are talking about planning books, I am assuming it might be a full extractor.

If your load is weekly then you might have more data.. so try to make sure you have the BW modeling appropriate to your scenario.

Let me know if you have any concern.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashu,

Thanks  for a prompt  response, the  problem we  are facing here is that we are not sure if we are extracting full data out of APO SNP. The only method that I came across is to build a data source in APO system on a certain planning book and then extract the data. In you experience is there any other way to extract data out of planning books other than building a DS and replicating it to SAP BW. Are there any precautionary steps we need to take in order to extract order Series data from SNP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baldeep,

Nope. In our way also we were using the same method to extract the data out of the planning books, i.e build a DS in the source system and replicate it to BW. Please make sure to have the below points in mind before extracting..

when are you planning to extract the data i.e daily or weekly?

How much amount of data are you looking at?

What level are you going to plan i.e material level or material location level ?

Is it going to be a weekly snapshot or daily snapshot ?

You have to data model very carefully when you are planning to take a weekly snapshot.