Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Sold-To Party (Partner Determination) on ZMCR

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having a challenge that I shouldn't be this difficult and was easy to set up in 7.0.      We are now on 7.1 SP11.

I need to default the Sold-To Party on ZMCR, but it is not defaulting. It should default based on the ibase.

Here are my details:

1) There is no preceding document. ZMCR is the start of the ChaRM flow.

2) IB52 is setup....

3) The partner 151 in IB52 points to top of PPOMA_CRM...

and BP 151 is setup as a Sold-To Party in tcode BP...

4) Partner determination is currently using access sequence 0018.

But I have also tried access sequences AIC2 and AIC3.  None of them work.

5) I found OSS note 1165357 . It says ...  "

• Execute the IMG Activity "Activate Partner and Address Inheritance, Change
    in the Past".
  • For IBase Category 01: set the flag in the column PInherit. and ensure that
    the flag is also set in the column IB Past. "

But in 7.1 SP11, the IMG task title does not include "Change in the Past".

But, looking at the task, it is missing one of the fields in the note. It is missing column "IB Past".

I set column PInherit per the note, but have not made any change for IB Past.  I'm not sure if this part of the issue or not.

I have a feeling it is just the access sequence, but none are working so far.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robynhosby
Active Participant

Well, this IB52 solution is no longer working. We went to SP13 last week and the determination no longer works. Good new is that BRFplus worked!  Since we only have one Sold To Party setup, I defined the decision table to check for ZMCR.   I'll try to write a post about it soon.

roybrasse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Robyn.  I was also not able to get IB52 to populate the Sold-To in ZMCR.  I'm on SP12.  I have an incident open with SAP open for 2 weeks + now. 

I also think that BRF+ is the way to go too, but didn't have the time to look into it.  Will be excited to see your post.

Thanks,
Roy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

we were you able to achieive this

Default Sold-To Party on ZMCR using brfplus.

we are on solman 7.2 sps 6.

regards,

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

the defaulting of a partner function (your Sold-To-Party) by partner determination works only for the ibase which is assigned to your RfC.

An RfC always gets the ibase of the solution manager as a default value, as i mentioned in my last post.

Any entries in the scope are not considered for this functionality, which is right, because you could have several different ibase componentes in your scope.

The difference to 7.0 is that you had to assign an ibase in the RfC directly. This was changed with 7.1, where the RfC does not need an ibase, since it could be an cross system change. So the ibase gets assigned to the change document on creation based on the scope entires, the RfC itself gets an 'dummy' ibase for technical purposes only.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Cristoph.   I also found this to be the obvious answer that was staring right at me after I posted my last reply, considering the 1:n CDs in the scope.   To work around the 7.0/7.1 differences, I changed the strategy that we'll use for the Sold-To Party.     Thank you for your help!

roybrasse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

Can you share which method worked for defaulting the Sold-To-Party? 

I followed the various suggestions in this blog and was not able to get the Sold-To-Party to populate with a default value using the IBase.

Thanks,
Roy

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raufman,

In 7.1, using the IB52 partner (like I was using) will only default the sold to party to the ibase partners of the SolMan system, not the ibase component selected in the RfC scope.   I changed our strategy to go work with that.  Since my client doesn't need more than one sold to party, I'm using the IB52 partner to default the value so the sold to party will be the same for all RfCs and I protected it in the UI. 

If you need to have multiple sold to partys and you want to have them defaulted, it may be possible using BRFplus. I'm not sure though. If you try it, please let me know.

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank for the suggestions that were posted. None of the suggestions have worked so far.  I did find out more information though about the issue.

The ibase component that the sold to party determination is looking at is the ibase component assigned to SolMan itself.  For example, the component assigned to SolMan that the RfC is created on is 1111 and the component assigned to the managed system in the scope is 2222.  The sold to party determination is looking at the partners assigned in IB52 for component 1111.   It should look at 2222.

I'm still looking into the cause. If anyone knows why it is looking at the wrong component, I would love to award points!

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here is more information about this issue.  I put a breakpoint in function module COM_PARTNER_DETERM_STEP_ONE_OW.  It is not being executed after entering the scope on ZMCR. Since the ibase is auto-populated when entering the scope (based on the project), it should re-execute the partner determination, but it is not.

Another thought, if you are pre-filling Sold-To Party for ZMCR in 7.1, are you using an action with a rule parameter? If so, what is the rule?

0 Kudos

I believe you can use a BRF+ rule to determine the Sold-to Party BP.

You can adjust the BRF Rule Service Team to Sold-to Party. I perfomed this in another implementation to fill the Change manager.

Support Team Determination via Business Rule Framework plus - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solut...

At the end, create an action based on SMIN_STD_FIND_TEAM_SEND_EMAIL (from SMIN) and change the parameter PARTNER_FCT to 00000001. Should be work (i never tried before with Sold to party, but i believe will work

Best Regards Issac

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Issac. I'm trying your suggestion in sandbox. I'm new to BRFplus so I'm finding a challenge trying to use a procedure call with the ibase component as the input. I'll continue working on it and will post my results as soon as I'm done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have resolved this issue previously. In the Partner determination Procedure select Access Sequence for Sold to Party "Determination vai Ibase". There is a Trick here there will three entries with same Access Sequence try assign each one at a time and test.

This has been worked for me.. Award point if this is helpful

Regards

Bhaskar

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks, but I tried that already. I have tried access sequences 18, AIC2, AIC3, and AIC4. None are working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

Since we never create RCs directly (only from IMs or PMs), I had not run in to your issue. However, one way to get the IBase Component default Sold-To business partner to populate is to enter the IBase Component in the Reference Object assignment block:

When I tested, the partner functions auto-populate after entering the above. However, I do not know how this entry will interact with the entry of the Project and Component in the Scope assignment block.

Kindest regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

Can you please let us know if you were able to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, I have not been able to correct this issue yet. I definitely still need it resolved, but I'm correctly focusing on other requirements in the implementation. If any one has any more ideas on how to default the Sold-To Party, it will be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

in your first screenshot you set the Sold-To Party for VB4 client 300.

Is this your solution manager client?

A change request gets per default the ibase component of the solution manager system, performed by this action:

So maybe you assigned your Sold-To Party to the wrong IBase component?

If not, maybe you have several IBase components for this system?

Best Regards,

Christoph

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robyn,

Please check this thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3675936

Thanks

Vikram

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

That thread was a bit different since I'm trying to determine the sold to party based on the ibase.  Taking parts of that thread, I noticed their access seq had the "Determination as Business Partner" flag set. So, I copied AIC3 to ZIC3 and set that flag and update the partner determination to point to ZIC3.    It did not work though.

I haven't needed to do this since 7.0 and I remember it being easy then.

Any other thoughts?

0 Kudos

Dear Mrs, Robyn:

Did you tried change the default partner det procedure used in the IBASE?

The default to IBASE 01 is 000000032. Try to change to Y/ZMIN0001

IMG Path:

CRM > Master Data >  Installed Base > Assign Partner Determination Procedure to Installed Base Category.

Try and give me a feedback

Kind regards

Issac

0 Kudos

Sorry I type Y/ZMIN0001, but in your case is ZMCR0001.

Issac

robynhosby
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Issac,

No, that change did not work, so I changed it back to 32.