cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto UD with Long Term Characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We need to use long term characteristics for 1 operation in an insp lot for testing that will require about a weeks wait for results. We also would like to use Auto UD for these lots so that we can release the stock for futher processing before LT characteristic results are recorded. I am running into a problem getting the auto UD to process the lot. If I set the LT chars to be required the auto UD does not recognize the lot as complete but it I set the chars to optional the UD processes and then the user will have to reset the insp lot status before they can enter their results in QE51N.

From what I have been reading the UD job should recognize these characteristics as LT and set my insp lot status to LTIN not UD. Am I missing something somewhere in my master data?

All characteristics (short and long term) are set up as required and the material master is set to allow auto UD.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arijit,

We will need to discuss if we truely need to complete these inspection lots. The original goal of entering the auto UD and stock postings ahs been addressed.

Thank you for your help in resolving this issue.

Chris

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I believe your business team may have an answer to it, if they really want to close these inspection lots form "LTIN" to "UD ICCO". If you really need it as you requested in your previous comment (Feb 4, 2015 5:01 AM), you can use the approach above suggested. If that is not really required or not business critical, then you can forget it as your primary critical process is already fixed.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP came back to me with OSS note 757248. This note basically allows for you to copy the original auto UD program (RQEVAI30) and add a selection to the code to ignore any inspection points that have not been valuated and only consider the results that are recorded for each characteristic. You have to create separate batch jobs (cannot use QA10 or QA17) to execute the batch job but that is not an issue.  This is working as described.

My next challenge is how to complete the inspection lot via a batch job so that my users do not have to use QA12 for each lot as the current process will not update the inspection lot status from LTIN to UD and ICCO. Any suggestions for this would be appreciated.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If your 1st part of the issue stands completed, you can try creating a custom program or BDC which will run on daily basis as a batch job to close the LTIN inspection lots to UD ICCO.

Only think you can verify that you may need to consider here is to insert 'comments' before you force close lots which are LTIN. If the results are recorded, I think there should not be any issues.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit,

It's a little more complicated than I thought. Although QA16 will find the insp lots the UD still will not process. Apparently becuase we have only LT chars on the operation in question the inspection point valuation remains unvaluated until at least one characteristic is recorded. Since the valuation is not set the UD will not process. I found an OSS note to address this (757248) but it is for SAP_APPL releases up to 605. We are on 606 so I have opened a message with SAP to see if they can assist.

Thanks for your help and I will update this when I get feedback from SAP.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin. The batch job for the auto UD does not process these characteristics whether  the indicator is set or not. The only time that it processes the characteristics is if at least one of the charateristics in the operation has a status of "2" (processed). Since the operation is only LT characteristics (other operations are short term) no one processes this operation until later.

Thanks Arijit - QA16 does work for these characteristics as you described but when trying to define a variant in the auto UD batch job, I don't have the option to set the LT characteristic to <> to '0'. Is there a way to run QA16 through a batch job instead of setting them up via QA17? This is how we were guided to set it up originally.

Thanks,

Chris

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

To my understanding MIC status "2" means result recorded. But unless this MIC is valuated based on the MIC range or applicable value (Status = "3"), this result should not be selected  for usage Decision.

I am not sure how to select MIC status "3" or "5" here for the variant. Though you can use selection profile with status "INSP RREC SPRQ" so that it means results are recorded (with min status = "2") for the inspection lot (it may be one MIC or many MIC...).

You can run QA16 in background by using the option - Program => Execute in Background => Output Device => Define your variant based on date/Time, immediate, After Job, etc. You may also try QA17 with program RQEVAI10 program to schedule your job.

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure but have you tried ticking off the 'Include Long term chars' in the variant ?

ntn

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

First thanks to Nitin for correctly highlighting this point.

In QA16, go to dynamic election view and select 'Inspection characteristics'. Inside you will get 4 options, form which double-click 'Long term characteristics' with it's value not blank, and run UD in foreground. The pre-requisite here is to activate UD in background to post the stock successfully in background from Quality stock to unrestricted/blocked stock.

Thanks,

Arijit