Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SZENPLUGIN Web-UI error: Configuration only possible on domain controller

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've installed the CTS_plugin on our Solman 7.1 system and trying to distribute it to the managed systems which are on a different TMS Domain with a Domain link to Solman. I'm using SZENPLUGIN Web-UI to validate and distribute. We are using ChaRM and would like to start using Downgrade protection and cross-system object locks.

First I select the managed system I want to distribute the plugin to and validate. Then under the Plugin distribution column there's a click-able link which says "Plugins not up-to-date" for the system I just validated. If I click on that link I see error in red "Configuration only possible on domain controller (system not contrlr)" at the top of the Web-UI screen.

Anyone knows what this means?

Does it have anything to do with the fact that it is on a different TMS transport domain?

Thanks for your help.

Stephane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Stephane,

in the earlier version of the Web UI for distributing the CTS plug-ins (SZENPLUGIN) the distribution was only possible from a system, which was setup as a domain controller in the (T)ransport (M)anagement (S)ystem. You can check this by using transaction STMS -> Overview -> Systems. Systems, which are set up as domain controllers have a specific symbol in the column 'Type'. One of your Solution Manager systems should be setup as domain controller as well. With the version of SZENPLUGIN you're currently using you have to distribute the CTS plug-ins from this Solution Manager system. With later versions of SZENPLUGIN this domain controller restriction was removed ...

Best regards,

Steffen Schröder

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen for this information.

I had installed the latest version of the CTS_PLUGIN I could find when I got this error. So unless I've missed something the Domain Controller restriction still applies...

I'll try running it from a TMS domain controller.

Thanks

Stephane

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ran fine on the Solman TMS Domain Controller.

Thanks

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

I also had same issue when running from my solman pre-prod it gave error that distribution should be done from domain controller .We are using below CTS veriosn    

CTS_PLUG Release 200 SP13

When executed from solman domain controller it went to next stage

I am seeing error when distributing the plug-in

tp command CREATECOFILE reported an error for system <SID>.please check TMS alerts

But no error is coming in TMS alert viewer .Did you face this kind of error

Could you please help

Regards,

Murali

0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

We're currently working on an incident/customer message with a very similar content: Most probably the datafile of the CTS plugin already exists on the target system (= the system the CTS plugin should be distributed to). My colleague, who is working on this incident/topic, prepares a note for solving/fixing this issue ... but the note has not been finished so far. However, for a detailed analysis we would need to have a look at the affected systems. For that reason I would recommend to you to open a customer message/incident on the component BC-CTS-TMS-CTR for this issue

Best regards,

Steffen Schröder

SAP Development / Lifecycle Management

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffan for the update .

As a workaround can we go for manual method as described in note 1688276 Point 4

4. Import the transport requests of the CTS plug-ins manually (use only for managed systems without domain links to SAP Solution Manager)

1688276 - Distributing CTS plug-ins to managed systems

I ran the report it gave me two transports

SAPK-XXX13INCTSPLGN

SAPK-73118INCTSPLGIN

Can we import these transports in managed system in same sequence

Also do we need to do import these transports in 000 client or in working client of managed system(although it doesn't differ in which client we import,as best approach)

Regards,

Murali

0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

For the affected system you can use the option 4 of the note 1688276:

1. The program CTS_GET_REQUIRED_PLUGIN has already been executed and gave you the transport requests mentioned above. Please proceed with the steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 as mentioned in the option 4 of the note 1688276.
  2. Regarding the import: this is covered by the steps 2 (-> bring the transport requests for the plug-ins to the transport directory of the managed system), 3 (-> add the transport requests manually to the import queue in the managed system) and 4 (-> import the transport requests) of the note 1688276.
  3. Regarding the client: you can import these transport requests in client 000, but you can also use another client for that (... the CTS plugins do not have client-specific content).
  4. For all other managed systems: Try to distribute the CTS plugins with the Web UI SZENPLUGIN since this should be more comfortable as processing the steps 1 - 5 of option 4 of note 1688276 for each system. If this fails you can still use the workaround of option 4 of note 1688276.

Best regards,

Steffen Schröder

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I have done as suggested in notes ,now when i validate it gives green in SZENPLUGIN.

I guess it is  enough if CTS plug-ins (CTS Service and CTS Bootstrapper plug-ins) are installed in managed system for DGP functionality to work

Do we need to have CTS_PLUG component also installed

Regards,

Murali

0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

It is sufficient to install the CTS Service- and CTS Bootstrapper plug-ins. You don't need to install the software component CTS_PLUG.

Best regards,

Steffen Schröder

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think the answer will be yes to this question, but does the plugin needs to be distributed to ALL managed systems including production instance?

0 Kudos

Hello Stephane, hello Murali,

the CTS Service- and CTS Bootstrapper plug-ins need to be distributed (= installed) to all relevant managed systems. Relevant managed systems means: systems, which should take part in the (D)owngrade (P)rotection (C)heck and are contained in a transport route in (T)ransport (M)anagement (S)ystem. So, important for the definition of the range of managed systems is the TMS-perspective (-> transaction STMS -> Overview -> Transport Routes). The (D)owngrade (P)rotection (C)heck is based on transport requests and the objects contained in the transport requests. The CTS plug-ins contain some logic for collecting data from the managed systems, which is required for DGP (... for example the import-state of a transport request). So, basically the CTS Service- and CTS Bootstrapper plug-ins need to be distributed (= installed) to each system, which might come in touch with a transport request to be checked. This also applies to the productive instance/system. As already mentioned: Relevant is the TMS-perspective respectively the transport routes defined in TMS.

The 'control center' (= server) for the (D)owngrade (P)rotection (C)heck is the Solution Manager system. Here the software component CTS_PLUG is installed (... which contains the CTS Server-plug-in besides the CTS Service- and CTS Bootstrapper plug-ins). On the 'controlled' (= managed) systems only the CTS Service- and CTS Bootstrapper plug-ins need to be installed.  

Best regards,

Steffen Schröder

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Very good thank for all the info Stephen.

Stephane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

Please check:

517484 - Inactive services in the Internet Communication Framework

Please check also:

hhttp://help.sap.com/saphelp_ctsplug20sm71/helpdata/en/d9/8288ee8b044d83
8dfcfb1e6668773d/content.htm?fullscreen=true