cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of storage type 1005 in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

What is the use of storage type 1005 (production supply GI) in SAP EWM.

When I am confirming the production order in ERP, consumption delivery is created to EWM for the linked PSA. When I do GI against this consumption delivery, stocks are issued/consumed from storage type 1000. So, I need to maintain the component stocks in storage type 1000 which is a PSA in EWM.

Would you please explain me similar scenario with storage type 1005 so that I can understand the use of this storage type.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can set up the production integration scenarion with EWM with different organizational models

- you use just one storage location (from where the material is staged and from where the GI is posted when production consumes the material)

- two storage locations

- Option a: both are using the same warehouse number

- Option b: one is using EWM, the other has not warehouse management at all

- Option c: both use separate EWM controled warehouse numbers.

In the first two possibilities (only one sloc or both using the same whn) you use storage type 1000.

As I understand the scenario, for the other options, where the GI is posted from the warehouse to post the GR in the storage location for the production (where later the consumption is posted) you use 1005. This has also the role K, so it is not a staging area per se. But I have never set up the scenario like this.

Brgds

Juergen

Here are the scenarios described: Organizational Model for Production Supply - Goods Issue - SAP Library

Message was edited by: Juergen Pitz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

Thank you for your helpful answer.

I have another query related this production supply.

The below is the scenario where both supplying location and PSA location are single EWM managed.

When, I confirm the production order, it created a consumption delivery order (doc type PDO/OPC) for components with PSA bin determined automatically and also, GI posted automatically as per the standard settings which in turn triggered outbound delivery FDO/OUTB.

But, my component stocks have not been consumed from that bin (or any bin) in EWM system. Also, the component stocks in ERP storage location (of PSA) are also not consumed. But, I can see the action profiles for GI and 'send ERP delivery message' are triggered properly.

Also, ERP outbound delivery for consumption posting is not updated with material document from EWM.

Even, I can see nothing is stuck in the queues either in EWM or ERP systems.

Is there a need to implement the BAdI "/SCWM/EX_CORE_PROD_STOCK" to get the stocks consumed in both ERP and EWM?

Thank you in advance.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

to my knowledge it is not necessary to implement any Badi for the consumption posting.

You wrote that the PDO and the FDO are created and GI is posted. Then there should also be a posting document in EWM. This looks like a warehouse task, but has a process category 6 (for goods issue). You can find them in the warehouse management monitor under "Documents --> All movement for products". This also includes the bin from where the stock was posted. Can you find such a document?

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

It all depends on your Production Integration scenario and organization model you have choose for integration. check the below link which also is provided by Jurgen P. It will give you a clear picture of all possible options and scenarios.

Organizational Model for Production Supply - Goods Issue - SAP Library

Thanks and regards

Anoop Singh