cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve by email in any workflow process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GRC offers the approve by email option in stage of SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST process, but it is not offered in some other stages, like in SAP_GRAC_FIREFIGHT_LOG_REPORT process.

Is there a workaround for this?

Kind regards,

Claudio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

what exactly you would like to achive with this setting in FF process? if standard email with link to request for log approval then it is enough to put the variable (%LINK_WORKITEM%) in notification, which opens the request for approver directly in SAP GRC.... or do you have other configuration needs?

Regards, Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrzej, thank you for the response.

If I put the variable %LINK_WORKITEM% in the body email, when the approver clicks on the link, the GRC screen is only for display. In order to approve, the user has to enter to the grc inbox. So the link only do not help.

The strange thing is the SAP_GRAC_ROLE_APPR process has the option of approve by email, and the SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_MAINT too, but not for example the SAP_GRAC_CONTROL_ASGN process or SAP_GRAC_FIREFIGHT_LOG_REPORT.

Regards,

AndrzejP
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

I have just tested in my SAP GRC, this variable / link opens log review request directly in SAP GRC with all actions available (Approve, Forward, Hold, ....). I made simple config and got email as FFID Controller. Please try and let me know if you have any problems with it.

Best regards, Andrzej

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Claudio,

according to http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/605077fc-3577-2e10-e1a6-a743514d4... only process IDs SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST and SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST_HR are having the event for approval by mail (see chapter 3.2).

Regards,

Alessandro