cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the trial version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now that I have the trial version installed, I would like to use it to learn ABAP. I tried a couple of things, such as creating a table, but I got a notification that I needed to register the object of which I needed a logon ID to the Support Portal (of which I don't have).

Are there any good tutorials on what can and can't be done with this trial version.

Is there sample data installed with the trail such as that which came with the "ABAP Objects Introduction" book? If so how do I work with it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. I was following the guide that part of the online tutorial for this trial version. The tutorial says to create a new table you simply name it "MYTABLE". No where does it mention that you need to start it with a Z or Y. I figured it out, but why would the guide that is supposed to be part of a tutorial on this tell you to name the table something that you can't even use?!

The guide was the "Netweaver Developer's Guide for SAP Netweaver 2004s".

When I tried to create the table is when I was asked for the access key for an OBJECT. I haven't come across the need to enter a key for a USER, but if I do I'll use the number you gave me. So far I have just used the Z naming convention and I have been able to follow the tutorial.

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi john,

You can create your own table on this trial version. You have to just follow the naming conventions of sap that is what you want to create should be start with Y or Z because rest are reserved for sap. One more thing just login with BCUSER.

and the access key for BCUSER is 36687663221261278694

Hope it helps

Regards

Subhash