cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply SP - SAP ERP 6.0 MAXDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 with MaxDB in Windows 2008. The system ir running fine but now I need to apply the latest suport package available for Netweaver 7.0. I did the following steps:

1 - Downloaded and installed Solution Manager

2 - Downloaded and extracted the Software Update Manager

3 - Generated the xml in Service Marketplace from my actual SP to the target SP.

Now I have the following errors/questions:

1 - How to download the SP files automatically?

2 - Update Manager detect only the Solman Instance. The ECC instance is not detected. Is it normal? How can I apply the SP without the correct instance detected?

Both instances are running when I executed SUM application.

Thanks in advance,

Leandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Leandro:

First step, you have to configure initial, basic and your solution ECC in Solution Manager (solman_setup transaction), after you have to use maintenance optimizer in solution manager to generate stack xml and download the support packages. Finally you have to update your ECC with SUM running  this on ECC server, read the stack guide first.

Best regards.

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Thank you! I tried to execute solman_setup however it asks me for user and password. However when I click the logon button nothing happens. I still have to check this issue. Just in case, do you have any hint on how to fix this?

I probably missed some configuration steps.

0 Kudos

I do not know what is the error so I could not help too much but try to check your ICM monitor, maybe http is not working, but without a log I can not help you.

Solman_setup should work with solman_admin user.

Best regards.

Pablo.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro ,

You need to first  Configure the solution manager to download stack.xml

Logon to 001 client of the solution manager ,  go to transaction SU01  and add  all the following roles to your user-id  also add SAP_ALL to the profiles .

SAP_SM*

Then execute the transaction SOLMAN_SETUP or SOLMAN_WORKCENTER .

If you still face issues let us know

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you. I am now running solmand_setup, however i did not setup OSS communication and SAP Router. I have already opened the messages to SAP to allow connection.

Thank you.

Leandro

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi leandro

What is the instance numbers  for your solution manager and ERP system . 

Shutdown your Solution manager system ( alone )  and try once again  , Believe there could be a port conflict

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manu,

The ECC instance number is 00. Solman instance number is 02.

Thanks,

Leandro

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to download the SP files automatically?

Use SAP Download Manager 

Update Manager detect only the Solman Instance. The ECC instance is not detected. Is it normal? How can I apply the SP without the correct instance detected?

Logon to ECC host

Run SUM on the Virtual host on which ECC is installed.

Remove old profiles and make sure permission are correctly set.

For all, you can get the SUM guide what would answers all such queries.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divuanshu Srivastava,

I have already started SUM in the same host that my ECC instance is installed. However it detectes only the Solman instance which is in the same server.

I will try to download as you described. However what is the use of Solman for applying an SP? I though Solman would generate the link for file download.

Regards,

Leandro

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would generate a correct stack.sml for your target system.

In short - "SAP Solution Manager is a software tool, content, and gateway to create, operate, manage and monitor business management solutions along the Application Lifecycle Management processes."

Former Member
0 Kudos

The stack.xml is not generated by Service Marketplace?

Do you have any clue about what could avoid my ECC instance from being detected by SUM?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The stack.xml is not generated by Service Marketplace?

Old days are gone.. You now do it from solman using MOPZ.

Do you have any clue about what could avoid my ECC instance from being detected by SUM?

Login using <SID>adm and remove obsolete profiles, check SUM guide and then start SUM.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What woud be the obselete profiles? You are talking about SAP instance profiles?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. sap profiles is what I mean