cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.4: apps.state_changed error with 2 BEX datasources

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have developed a simple Dashboard using Design Studio 1.3 SP1 in local mode and everything was working perfectly.

Then I moved the project to the BI Platform and made the required adaptations on the datasources. Running the Dashboard from the Platform was leading to the following error :

Error in triggering the event "apps.state_changed"

While processing the current request, an exception occurred which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

I found some post about the fact that a similar error is solved in DS 1.3 SP2, then I moved directly to DS 1.4 Patch1 (both client and server).

After the upgrade, the project still runs perfectly in local mode and the same error exists as soon as I move the project to the Platform (SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 3 Patch 3) .

I have put all the datasources to load in a script and I put a button to load each datasource.

I can load each datasource independently and get the data displayed but as soon as I try to load DS_2 after DS_1 or DS_1 after DS_2 the application hangs with:

Error in triggering the event "apps.state_changed"

While processing the current request, an exception occurred which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

Additionally, the detail frame provides the following information:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail was:

The status of "QUERY_DATA_SOURCE" "DS_2" may only change during command processing

com.sap.ip.bi.base.exception.BIBaseRuntimeException: The status of "QUERY_DATA_SOURCE" "DS_2" may only change during command processing at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.processor.PageEventProcessor.onEvent(PageEventProcessor.java:242) at com.sap.ip.bi.webapplications.runtime.impl.page.Page.onEvent(Page.java:4227) at com.sap.ip.bi.base.event.impl.EventSourceHelperStandalone.raiseEvent(EventSourceHelperStandalone.java:333) at com.sap.ip.bi.base.event.impl.EventSourceHelperStandalone.raiseEvent(EventSourceHelperStandalone.java:248) at com.sap.ip.bi.base.event.EventSource.raiseEvent(EventSource.java:45)

The error message is displayed after several seconds. Using RSTT transaction, it seems that the queries always reach the BW backend.

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

after getting Design Studio Add-on 1.4 SP1 installed on our BO 4.1 Platform, I can confirm that the problem has been solved.

Christian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I finally received an answer from SAP support:

"The fix for this problem is delivered in Design Studio 1.4 SP1. The problem occurs if you use different connections for your data sources, and the data sources contain hierarchy node variables. Please find the release schedule in Note 1760372."

Then according to the official roadmap, I'm waiting for calendar week 8, and then I will try to have the SP1 installed before testing.

I will post the result when available.

Christian

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

the error "com.sap.ip.bi.base.exception.BIBaseRuntimeException: The status of "QUERY_DATA_SOURCE" "DS_2" may only change during command processing at " should not appear in live system. This is a bug, as the data source is modified by the framework at the point of time as the modifications are not allowed (during rendering of the content).

This is clear customer incident case if you can reproduce this scenario.

Karol

0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

thank you for the advice.

Yes the problem can be very easily reproduced.

I could obtain this week a trace of the bug recorded on the Platform.

I have then submitted all these information together with error log and sample project to the SAP support.

Christian

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian - I wonder if it would be possible to ask your BI admin to perform some tracing on the BI platform to see what the problem may be?

Also another suggestion for the BI admin is to look at SAP's free BI Platform Support tool - I am not a BI admin but I did see where they added more to look at the Design Studio APS - see SAP BI Platform Support Tool 1.1.5 Release Notes - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wik...

0 Kudos

Thank you Tammy,

I will try to get in touch with the BI/BO admin.

I'm also wondering if the KBA ( http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1948311 ) you are referencing in this post http://scn.sap.com/thread/3553386 could help, even if it seems to apply to DS 1.2.

Christian

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Christian - that KBA is a good find and something for your BI admin to review.