cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place discount on basis of Unit Price[not Net Value]?

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Here is the scenario

Quantity 2

Price 100   *2 =200

discount 20% = 40

So

Net Price = 80

Net Value=160

I want a new discount based on the net price

such as if net price>50 then discount 2 % and if net price price >100 then discount 5%

So in this cases we have discount of 2 %

In the standard system the discount is applied is used using the net value but as mentioned my client wants it to be based on net price.

Is there a standard solution to it?

Regards,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the pricing scales concept in pricing. it will defnetly solve your requirement...

otherwise need to develop  pricing routine

Thanks,

Anil.G

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From your given example I am understanding that you want to calculated discount on a discounted price. In other words its double discount. Price is 100 and discount is 40% and net price is 100-40=60 and now you want to give 2% more discount on this 60. Right? This is possible using standard settings in pricing schema. You just need to take care of base value for 2nd discount condition.

Let me know if my understanding is not correct.

Thank$

samjalees2000
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Moazzam for the reply,

It is different what you have comprehended ,as we know in standard discount is applied on basis of net value.In the above case that will be

20% on net value 200 = 160

Now the net price is 80 and net value is 160.

Now the crucial part to understand is that I want to apply the scale of the new special discount on the price that is net price 80 not 160

So if I make a condition record for the new discount with value>50 then discount 2 % and if value>100 then discount 5%

So here the special discount should be 2% but standard will bring 5 % as it will be based on net value of 160 not the net price that is 80

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I got your requirement and as per my understanding

80 * 2%      = 1.6 * 2 = 3.2

160 * 2%    =  3.2

In both cases the result would be same so I don't know why client is asking for this. What difference would it make?

Please convince your client to make scales based on net value and if they insist to make it on net price then I think you have to make a formula for it in VOFM and assign to your discount condition type in V/06 in scale tab.

Thank$