Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP sender channel - check if file was processed

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have a file to iDoc scenario. The file is picked from an FTP folder.

The problem is that the FTP user I have can't archive nor delete files on the FTP server.

The sender partner puts a new file on the FTP folder every night and removes the old file from the day before.

That means in the Sender Channel I set the "Processing Mode" to "Test" and the "Poll Interval (secs)" to "36000". Additionally on RWB

"Availability Time Planning" I set the sender channel available only for 20 seconds at 04:30:00am every day.

Now sometimes it happens that the sender channel is not processing any file (even though there is one).

Question: Is there a way to trigger an alert if that channel has not processed any file in the morning?

Thank you and best regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Question: Is there a way to trigger an alert if that channel has not processed any file in the morning?

As far as i know there is no standard way to detect this issue. The only know that i'm thinking now is to do a JDBC/RFC lookup during mapping time to insert a value in a table that points that channel has been used. Later in the morning you can check this table or to do a second scenario JDBC/RFC/Proxy - Mail to inform that the channel has been used, with RFC/Proxy (and ABAP job) you also can do it the opposite, to indicate that channel has not been used.

Regards.

peter_wallner2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki Vila,

Thank you. Your suggestion with the RFC lookup sounds really interesting. I will try that or I will email the file content every thime the file is picked. That means if there is no email in the morning the file was not picked/no file was to be picked.

Best regards,

Peter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

ATP feature should work in your scenario. What is the PI version you are using?

Ensure that the Time Duration set is in line with the User posting the files in the Directory (check the PI System time Vs the User Time zone)

Check if the file is actually present / posted by the user at the mentioned time.

Have you tried Duplication File Handling Option? Chk following if it helps:

Alternatively if possible you can get the required Roles/ permissions for FTP user and Archive the File at runtime itself.

Regards,

Azhar