cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO XI 3.1 CMC Access

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello respected experts

Need your help to understand the capability of SAP BO.

We are currently using BO XI 3.1 in production and providing hosted reporting services to a number of customers of our in-house Enterprise Accounting software. The Report server is shared by multiple customers, each having multiple users who fire universe based reports.

I want to give access to an "admin" user in each customer so that they can

- see what reports are currently fired by all users of that customer

- kill any running report fired by any user of that customer

- re-schedule report which was scheduled for execution by any user of that customer

The BO Admin team is not able to figure out a way to provide his access and the only solution proposed by them is to migrate to version 4.1 which supports multi-tenanted deployment. This is causing a huge workload on our internal support team to provide this server for our customers.

Is there any hope in version 3.1 or is upgrading to 4.1 the only possible solution?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per understanding you want to give full access to customers admin and there respective folders.If this is the case then you can create multiple groups and according to requirement provide full access on respective folders,universe and connections.

Let me know if this is the requirement.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks for the response.

What i want to do is to provide the customers admin user the ability to see all reports that is currently running or is scheduled to run in future, but only those which are fired by the users of that customer. Since we have a shared server with multiple customers on it, i don't want one customer to see/kill reports fired by some other customer.

Is this something that can be configured in BO XI version 3.1?

Robin

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have any idea about how you have setup the security but if you want to separate the customer group and they only see there reports and customer admin only can delete/schedule there own reports then it is possible.

Users can see the reports scheduling instances by reports folders or Instance manager.In this case let say customer A reports are under A folder and if you provide access only to customer A group on A folder then customer A only can see the folder A.If you give the access to same group on CMC application then if users use the instance manager there they can only see the customer A folder.

Try from side to setup this kind of access and see if it will work.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for your input. We have been able to create customer admin users with access only to their specific folders as suggested by you.

Answers (0)