Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom long text field in IQS2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to add a custom Long text field in notification tcode IQS2. Text value entered in this field then should be saved in QMEL/VIQMEL table.

Can anyone please tell me how can I add text field in IQS2? I have found the exit name QQMA0001 and program name SAPLIQS0. Screen 0102 is available as a custom screen where I need to add the long text.

Please let me know the detailed steps to add a text field in the screen and save it in QMEL table.

Thanks

Rupsa

7 REPLIES 7

archanapawar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

If you want to add your own fields to the VIQMEL view, you must include them as an APPEND structure in table QMEL. In this way, the additonal fields are automatically copied into the view VIQMEL.

Use your exit QQMA0001 to create subscreen 102 with custom fields and you update them using user exits EXIT_SAPMIWO0_008 and EXIT_SAPMIWO0_009.

To display the subscreen on the notification header screen, you must first define it in Customizing for the notification type and copy the screen area "Customer subscreen" to one of the notification tabs (using the Customizing function Define screen areas.

0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Point 1 and 2 are already done. I'm stuck at around the last point you have mentioned regrading the display of sub screen.

Can you please elaborate this point a little to describe how to copy the screen area and where to call the sub screen?

I already have the sub screen 0101 where certain custom fields are already there. I need to add my long text below those fields.

What I'm not sure about is how to create the long text field in that sub screen.

I have added a field 'Reason Text' in VIQMEL. But whenever I'm trying to drag that field from dictionary into my sub screen, the field is not coming as a text field. It is getting displayed as a single line.

0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

Can you post how did you define your field in QMEL amd on screen?

If your subscreen is already created, you don't need to create new subscreen, you can add fields in the same. This is screen exit, so it is being called from standard program already.

You just need to get your declarations right.

0 Kudos

I have added the field as append structure in QMEL. Field is of type char255. I found from somewhere that text field on a screen can be designed using Custom control. I want to know the steps for using a custom control to design the screen.

0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

I have defined directly as per the QMEL field type in my subscreen and it works fine. I am not sure what is exctly your requirement. Do you want to add text in multiple lines?

For custom controls, you can refer below links:

Custom Controls - ABAP Programming (BC-ABA) - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/2d61d859c711d29bd90000e8a47b2e/content.htm

0 Kudos

Yes Archana my requirement is to add text in multiple lines. Thanks for the links. Let me have a look at these links and see if they are of some help.

0 Kudos

Hi Rupsa,

Putting my Functional hat on we wouldn't do this.

We would add an Activity with an appropriate Code Group and Code (for Reason) and use the Long Text of the Activity.

Regards,

Ron