Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Return PO from SO in inter company sales return

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How to create Return PO from sales order. I am working on Inter company sales return, in which I have to create the Return purchase order from sales order with in same client.

Thanks

Prashant Sharma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If the sales order and purchase order will be in same client then why do you want two documents?

Could you please explain how the process will be?

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

This is inter company return process. due to defect, customer return the goods back to the company.

Customer informs us the product is defected and want to return. Company is ready for this. company informs to customer that send the goods back to place from where it came (Plant of another Company Code). Ordering sales Organisation creates the return order and with reference to this system should generate Return PO (or normal PO not sure) on Supplying Sales org/company code side.

once PO will do GR system should do statistical PGR on ordering sales org side as we are not physically receiving good. and this PGR will update the billing due list so system will generate the credit for return. and later another company will also return the money back to Ordering company.

Thanks

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

you can create a Return standalone using ME21N and assign the return Sales order in the Account assignment Tab of PO, once you do Statistical GR with 161 Movement system will allow you too create a Credit Memo request from the Return PO . Either you can create Credit memo with reference to Return Order Manually or can automate the process.

To automate the process you should Activate Advance returns management in R/3.

thanks

santosh

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

I understand we can assign Return SO number to PO/ return PO manually. But I want to make it automated. once Ordering company creates the Return order system should generate PO/ return PO on Supplying company code side.

How can I activate Advance returns management in R/3 ???

I am not sure whether I should use BAPI/Idoc or some thing else.

I am still waiting for some more precious response from experts.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I am still not clear. While creating the return order you can still mention the  Plant from other company code and then you can process the return delivery and return credit memo and return intercompany credit memo (IG). Any chance have you explored this?

Why you want extra documents (to create the PO and GR)?

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I am still not clear. While creating the return order you can still mention the  Plant from other company code and then you can process the return delivery and return credit memo and return intercompany credit memo (IG). Any chance have you explored this?

Why you want extra documents (to create the PO and GR)?

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul,

This is Client requirement.

Client wants to receive the goods back from the customer through the PO not from Retrun delivery.

Thanks

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any specific reason for that? instead of return it will be procurement then.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am still waiting for your precious comments on my above requirement.

I found one link / T-code: SWETYPV through which we can create PO from Sales Order. But unfortunately I am not good about functionality of this t-code (SWETYPV).

Can anyone give some details of this??

Thanks.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Wondering if this can be achieved within Std SAP ? While thinking in this direction came across the solution (however you need to explore it bit). The proposal is :

For the return sales order configure you schedule line in line with CS (Third party item category) and mention the Po return item category and account assignment indicator as per your need. please take the help of MM folk here as in third party the stock movement is notional and not real. This is controlled by item category and account assignment.

The way you mention the info records and fixed vendors on the same line you can do it for this scenario too.

While creating the po you can choose appropriate document type and complete the process.

Using this Po the GR  and IRV can be carried out. (need to take care for proper account determination here)

You can also issue the credit memo to customer with reference to sales order.

The biggest advantage with this scenario will be end to end traceability.

Could you please try this and post the results in this forum as I said earlier just bounced an idea  and need to explore further.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade