cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysing Execution of Procedures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was reading through the execution of procedures by HANA.I have few questions to be clarified . Lemme me explain below and correct me where ever I am wrong.

Understandings from Learnings:

• When HANA procedures are complied, the declarative logic and imperative logic are separated. So declarative logic means the data intensive logic part and imperative logic means control and logic flow part. So each of the declarative logic is constructed internally as calculation models and are executed by the calculation engine.

• While writing procedures it is advisable not to combine the calc engine functions and the normal SQL since it may lead to some performance problem

• The calc engine functions (CE_JOIN etc) are internally broken down into minimal SQL and are executed

Questions:

• Is the calculation engine they refer is same as the one that executes the calculation view?
  • If the normal SQL Script procedure uses cal_engine internally then why it is not advised to combine cal_engine functions & SQL script?
  • If calc engine functions are minimized to SQL internally then why can't combine cal_engine functions & SQL script?

Thanks & Regards,

Monissha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be really helpful and  great if some one clarify the above doubts!

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monissha,

Do have a look on the below mentioned links and have a look on the discussions:

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for such nice references:)