Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to change alternative accout assignment for Reconciliation account in classic GL


I need  to change alternative accounts assignment to operational accounts(in fs00).

For changing alternative account I have to make balance 0 of operational account.

I’m able to do it easily with normal accounts but when I’m trying to do it with Recon accounts system doesn’t allow me to change alternative account.

Because balance is not zero for recon account and we can't directly post GL entry on recon account.

Can anyone please advise me for how to make balance 0 for recon account.



Former Member

Hi Manoj,

You have to transfer the balances to suspense or interim account by F-51/F-30. With this posting your recon.account is 0. Later you make changes to the account. After done posting, you have to make transfer posting from suspense account to vendor/customer A/c by FB01/FB60/FB70.

For asset reconciliation account you have to transfer posting to suspense a/c by ABF1. After done changes to the account, again you have to do posting from suspense a/c by ABF1.



1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question