cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change alternative accout assignment for Reconciliation account in classic GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need  to change alternative accounts assignment to operational accounts(in fs00).

For changing alternative account I have to make balance 0 of operational account.

I’m able to do it easily with normal accounts but when I’m trying to do it with Recon accounts system doesn’t allow me to change alternative account.

Because balance is not zero for recon account and we can't directly post GL entry on recon account.

Can anyone please advise me for how to make balance 0 for recon account.

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Check which vendors/customers has been posted with the reconciliation account. You have to do posting in vendors/customers not in reconciliation account.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mukthar,

how can i clear vendor/customer open items in production server.

and what about asset accounts?

Thanks

Manoj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You have to transfer the balances to suspense or interim account by F-51/F-30. With this posting your recon.account is 0. Later you make changes to the account. After done posting, you have to make transfer posting from suspense account to vendor/customer A/c by FB01/FB60/FB70.

For asset reconciliation account you have to transfer posting to suspense a/c by ABF1. After done changes to the account, again you have to do posting from suspense a/c by ABF1.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

thanks for reply

i have checked in table LFB1 for vendor assignment to recon accounts.

there are many vendors are assigned to one recon account and same for customer account also.

i have total 30 recon account to which i have to assign new alternative account and for it i have to make their balance 0.

20 accounts for Asset

05 accounts for vendor

05 accounts fir customer

is there any easy way to get it done?

could you please explain transaction f-51 and afb1 in little more detial?

Thanks

Manoj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Unless you make the balance 0 for recon.accounts, you can not change it. So you have to do it.  Using the t.code F-51, you enter document line items and then select the open items to be cleared for the vendor. ABF1 is used for make adjustment entries for asset reconciliation accounts without affect it in AA module.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

could you please let me know how to post entry in ABF1.

i am debiting Offset account with posting key 40 and crediting asset (with asset no.) with posting key 75.

but system showing error......

please advice

Thanks,

Manoj

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You have to provide asset reconciliation account instead of asset no. and use the posting keys 70 & 75 for debit & credit respectively.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mukthar....

Answers (0)