Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Problem After Server Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP ABAP/Basis Experts,

I have problem with custom ABAP report. After SAP system migrated to new machine, the display of report is different.

Below is illustration differentiation of report:

Old Machine

New Machine

Before Sorted

Before Sorted

Docno

Item

Docno

Item

SORTING by Docno

After Sorted

After Sorted

Docno

Item

Docno

Item

I know this problem can be solved by changed sorting logic in ABAP program, but i need to know why this problem can happened.

For additional information, OS old machine is Win Server 2003 R2 and new OS machine is Win Server 2008 R2. Both of system is Non-Unicode.

Please help me to investigate this problem.

Thanks & regards,

Husin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

The problem is not due to change in machine. I hope the sorting command may triggered like that. Kindly add the item also in the sort command. Also refer the STABLE SORT in the following link.

Sorting Internal Tables - ABAP Programming (BC-ABA) - SAP Library

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

3 REPLIES 3

rajkumarnarasimman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Husin,

The problem is not due to change in machine. I hope the sorting command may triggered like that. Kindly add the item also in the sort command. Also refer the STABLE SORT in the following link.

Sorting Internal Tables - ABAP Programming (BC-ABA) - SAP Library

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Thanks for your valuable information, i will check with our ABAP team about Sort Table. I will update you soon.

Thanks & regards,

Husin

0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

Thanks for your help, your statement is correct. this is confirmed by our ABAP team.

Regards,

Husin