Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-valuated Project stock and stock movement

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is there a way that with non-valuated project stock movement, we can generate accounting documents also?

As if I am consuming stock to my very first project (GRN stage) ,my business work fine but the time I start transferring this materials to other objects/area it moves the quantities phusically but not the cost as this cost stays with my very first project and that is standard process with non-valuated project stock.

I am thinking of options with which I can hit the accounts of receiving object during transfer posting as and when required.

Or I if I can hit the receiving object statistically ..

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,
Yes you are right, you can issue material stock to another Sale order/Cost Object, and the receiver will debited by both the quantity and value as Valuated Sale Order stock.

The Price with which it hit back from special Stock to Normal stock is the Material Master Accounting View Price, not the price with which it actually procured for that Project.

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with defining a project with  non-valuated project stock you actually disconnect quantity and value. MM activities will no longer affect the finance postings, you need to do manual postings in CO.

Please see OSS note 533207 - Valuated and nonvaluated project stock

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Noted the point Jurgen.

Can you please elaborate more that on what basis CO postings should be made?

The note says to determine the material price manually and post manually in CO.

Will that posting give rise to debit on receiver side?

I hope you understood what my concern is, I just want to post a debit on receiver side for every non valuated stock movement from one project to another or from project to warehouse.

Regards

Saurabh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should post this question in the CO space if you want to know how these CO postings are made.

If you move from project to warehouse stock, then you get accounting documents as the quantity is added with value according to your current material master price. Check those accounting documents for the offset account and its value, as this would be the basis for the CO posting to your project.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Just one more clarification:

If you move from project to warehouse stock, then you get accounting documents as the quantity is added with value according to your current material master price.

After this movement, warehouse can issue this material stock to another cost object (project/orders) and the receiver will be debited both by value and quantity of these materials. Plese confirm if I am right in saying this.

If yes,then routing the non-valuated stock via warehouse to projects/orders can be a better way rather than CO manual postings as the scope of such CO postings can be complex due to manual price calculation and posting multiple CO postings.

Kindly share your view on it.

Thanks & Regards

Saurabh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

advantages and disadvantages as explained in the note.

the movement to write on warehouse stock  coming from a project is actually an goods issue movement in reverse.

So it takes the price that is in the material master, which can be quite different to the price you paid for the project material.

Of course you can then use this stock for anything else and it will post accounting documents as any other valuated material does. But even while going through the warehouse you  still do not get a credit at your project for which you originally bought that material. This adjustment has to be made with CO postings anyway.