cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI report - Universe link missing [BO XI R3.1]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am using SAP Business Objects XI R3.1 for development.

When I export a universe along with few reports from my LIVE environment into TEST, the link between the reports and universe is missed out and end up with error "Universe Not Found"

Method used to export/import was

1. BIAR via import wizrd
  2. "Save as xxx.unv" to export universe to TEST environment and , "Save as abc.wid" for WebI documents.

Please assist to understand how the link is established between a Universe and WebI reports and how to solve the above issue.

Many Thanks.

Cheers,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Users do not have access to migrated "Universes".Give access on migrated universes,it will work.

-Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give access to users and groups on top of the universes and universe connections from CMC using Administrator account. It will work

Let me know

Srikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini

While promoting the universe and Webi report, have you selected the third option as below in "Import options for universes and connections" of the Import Wizard?

• Import the universes and connections that the selected Web Intelligence and Desktop Intelligence documents use directly....

Try selecting the third option and promote the objects, let us know if the issue persist.

~VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for your response, sorry it took a while to respond as I was on vacation

Yea, I did try that but now I have another funny error "Unknown Export Failire"..

Not sure what it means, but it does work for with an Administrator ID

Cheers,Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Verify whether your File Repository services were in online.

Generally, this error occurs when FRS and CMS is not in Sync (Which means, data might be present in CMS but not in FRS). You need to use the Repository Diagnostic tool (RDT) for fixing this issue.