Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Req.class/Check mode issue

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created the custom "Requirement Class" in ECC. The availability check search methods in APO is based on the MRP type.

This setting has been made in the transaction ' Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction'

The issue is - in APO the check mode changes when the user changes the 'Requirement Strategy'  from strategy 10 (make to stock) to 40 (planning with finally assembly) in Material Master MRP screen.

ECC-For strategy 10 (make to stock) the default Req.class is 030 and It has assigned to 'Define Strategy' in PP

ECC-For strategy 40 (planning with final assembly) the default Req.class is 050 and it has assigned to 'Define Strategy' in PP

In this case the issue is - when I CIFF the materials at first from ECC to APO, The check modes are appearing in APO as standards -030 & 050. These are all copying from standards.

I need to go for all the hundreds of material then I need to change my custom CHECK MODE -K10 for all the thousands of materials.

Even If I change the check mode K10 manually for all the thousands of material at first time in APO then if the user goes to ECC material master data and changes any strategy from 10 to 40 or 40 to 10 then in APO check mode again populates the standard as maintained in the PP Define strategy.

APO check mode will not populate by default custom req.class K10.

My question is- Is there any enhancement/BADI available in CIF- no change happen in check mode in APO even if the material strategy changes in ECC frequently.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_gaikwad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

There are two ways to resolve this,

One is to maintain configuration and assign custom requirement type to your Strategy 40 and 10 resp

The Custom Requirement Type can be maintained as below

You can maintain K10 Requirement Class to your custom Requirement Type.

This Requirement Class is eventually transferred to APO as Checkmode.

Secondly,

You can use the below user Exist to suppress the default Check mode getting cifed used during ATP check

'EXIT_SAPLATPC_001'

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your inputs. I do not want to change the standards which are assigned to 'Define Strategy" (PP) and assign req.type to req.class. These some of the standards are using in ECC availability check.

I have created custom Req.class for APO so then its easy to identify the products which are APO availability check.

My be the second option is more suitable to my requirement. -'EXIT_SAPLATPC_001'

Could you please provide me the logic if you something how to set up this code in this user exist.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

when you maintain the strategy group then the requirement class is determined using the strategy group. the new  non standard requirement class is detemined using the item category.

Since you have created this requirement class to differentiate between an availability check in APO for only those parts, I dont think your second option will work.

may be you could try to restrict the ATP Integration models for only those products which are APO availability check? there are some options in CFM1 to restrict based on MRP Type , matl type etc,.

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie,

If the ATP search criteria is based on the 'strategy group' then the requirement class is determined using the 'strategy group'

If the ATP search criteria is based on the Item Category + MRP type then the requirement class is determined by using the Item category + MRP Type + Req.class (non standard) - where we maintain in SD transaction --> Determination Of Requirement Types Using.

i have the critical product which need to be checked in APO- differentiated with MRP type X0

I have the standard product which need to be checked in ECC - differentiated with MRP type PD.

For the standard product the availability check is doing in ECC and for the critical product X0 the availability check is doing in APO.

For standard products which needs to do check in ECC I am using standard req.class in ECC and for critical x0 products I am using custom req.class.

The issue is - when I cif the material X0 (critical products) to APO, the check modes are populating as default- say for example 030 is for strategy (make2stock production) 050 is for finally assembly. This standards are populating based on the strategy which we maintains in ECC in the material master.

But the custom Req.class is not transferring to APO -->the req.class which is for critical product X0.

I need to change the check mode from standard to APO check mode K10 at first time when I cif the material to APO. There are thousands of material which i need to change this and its frequently causes an error when the user changes the strategy in ECC in material master data then it again reverse to standard check mode  in APO.

So I want to stop the changes in the check mode in APO even if the user changes the strategy in the material master in ecc. The system should not change the check mode in APO from non standard to standard when the user changes the strategy in ECC material master record.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

wondering why you need to create a custom requirement class? since you are only doing an availability check for X0 , presuming your IM for ATP is sending only MRP Type "X0" to APO then what is the issue in differentiating and the standard settings? or you can have your availability check in MRP3 view as KP for PD items?

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rorie..

For standard products that I need to check with standard req.class

For critical product that I need to check with custom req. class.

When you CIF the material to APO the check mode appears as standard (ex 030 for make to stock, 050 for final assembly). then I need to change the check mode manually for all the critical product in APO.

hope you understand this.

prasnop
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

Could you please confirm whether that user exist will work or not for this requirement.

'EXIT_SAPLATPC_001'

'Rorie' mentioned that user exist will not work for this issue. I hope you understand the requirement. Please confirm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

suppose you change the check mode thru this exit for those materials, then tomorrow the strategy group has been manually changed for a certain material (X0) , and also during the regeneration of Integration models ( Materials) over the weekend will change it back to the standard check mode?  I havent tried this, but i presume this is gonna happen.

Have you tried to do enter a sales order and do an ATP check with the changed check mode in APO? and what result did you get?

manoj_gaikwad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasnop,

I would still suggest you to look at an option to achieve your requirement without using the ABAP development route.

I see that you mentioned that for Standard product Availability Check is happening in ECC and for Critical product AV check is happening in APO GATP.

Why don't you setup the check instruction of Standard (With Check mode) 050 - A in GATP with same as K10 - A, So that your X0 Critical material will perform required SETUP in APO box, While your Standard product will still 050 Requirement class details stored in ECC. ( Note unless your have activated IMOD for ATP Customizing we can maintain different setting for Requirement class in ECC  and Check instruction in GATP)

Anyways,
If you still want to go ahead with the Customized check mode determination way then you have to do below changes.

Note , the logic here is to suppress the standard Check mode determined during ATP check and replace it with your Custom Check mode based on certain criteria that you may define ( For Eg. X0)

You need to maintain this detail in a Z Table in ECC side and read it every time in this include. If order item going under ATP check have same parameters maintained in the custom Table then you replace the standard Check mode that was being passed with your custom one.

Note you have to take that this replacement is done only for your specific order items.

the Advantage of this logic is that this is a dynamic Check mode determination and subsequent IMODs or master data changes related Check mode either in ECC and APO will not affect the final Check mode used eventually by the GATP.

Note: You have to implement similar logic in other places too, for example for STO there is a different user Exit and during Order Save there is a different one ( EXIT_SAPLCSLS_002)

I hope this helps in defining your own logic.

Answers (0)