cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unplanned depreciation fiscal year 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We had an asset using depreciation key(SLM), useful life 8 years. It was acquired on may 2012 with incorrect value of say 100000 including vat. In 2013 december the accounting people say that the asset capitalization should be excluding vat amount of 10000 i.e. 90000. SAP posted depreciation for both 2012 and 2013 on 100000. In 2013 december an adjustment was made bringing down the asset value to 90000 and the excess depreciation difference for 2012 and 2013 was adjusted using ABZU-write up. Now when in 2015 i am trying to close 2013 asset accounting system is giving an error saying planned depreciation not posted completely. Business does not want this depreciation to be posted as everything is already adjusted. Without posting planned dep SAP is not allowing to close 2013. Can anybody give a suitable solution for this. I tried posting the planned depreciation but sap is not allowing me to reverse it saying depreciation key does not permit.

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Without post planned depreciation you cannot close the fiscal year. As you said business does not want post depreciation, so you first run the depreciation for the period in AFAB. After run it, you reverse the entry by posting manual JV by ABF1. The account entries will be:

At the time of depreciation run:

Depreciation A/c Dr

Accumulated depreciation A/c Cr

At the time of reversal by ABF1.

Accumulated depreciation A/c Dr

Depreciation A/c Cr

So there is not impact on your books and also you can close the fiscal year.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the same method Mukthar. Thanks very much for your reply.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your issue is resolved then close it.

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The system will indeed not allow you to close 2013 without posting planned depreciation and without closing 2013 you will not be able to open 2015.

Assuming that there is a planned depreciation still to be posted (something you can check from the asset explorer), I suggest that you run the depreciation posting program in a productive (repeat) run then write up the posted depreciation amount using transaction ABZU. You may have to re run the depreciation after while but it should not create any posting.

I suggest that you first test this process in a test system.

Good luck and best regards

Thomas