cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of delivery of Material Group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert.

Any one please guide me how can I maintain delivery  date for a material group at PR level so that a material can received after the mention date .

My  client want to do so a material group level.

Regards

Virendra Verma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

delivery times are usually entered in material master to allow automatic planning by MRP to propose a delivery date in the requisition.

In a manually created purchase requisition it is the user who enters the desired delivery date.

Does the user really not know when he needs the material, so that he expects a default from somewhere? 

Who will be able to tell at a material group level what a planned delivery time is?

A material group can have a variety of materials with quite different lead times.

We usually have already difficulties to convince the people to enter a meaningful time in material masters as they argument that this is quite a different time dependent on the vendor.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think there are any option to enter planned delivery time or processing time at material group level.

You may can use your own development, in a Z table, you can store the information and then call the Z table by using the badi ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST.