cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation start date issue between Depreciation calculation start date and Asset value date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have asset where we have mentioned Depreciation calculation start date 08.12.2008 and useful life 4 years and at the time of asset transfer entry user entered 01.04.2012 as asset value date. Now system calculating depreciation on the basis of asset value date.

As per business system considering incorrect base date for depreciation calculation.

Now my query is how system consider depreciation start date for calculating depreciation amount.

Regards,

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Depreciation start date will determine from period control method of the dep.key. Check the period control method for the dep.key.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have check period control in our depreciation key. We have configured "Zoo" as period control which is 01/01/01/01.

Now my understanding is system will consider value date (which is entered at the time of data entry) as base date for dep. calculation. System will not consider dep. start date which is mentioned in the asset master.

Can you confirm whether my understanding is correct or not.

Regards,

Nilesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

No, You are wrong. System will determine dep.start date from the period control maintained for the dep.key of the asset.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (0)