cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to get data in standard Apps from WEB IDE system

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to connect to SAP Backend from  WEB IDE system ( while creating a New App).

But There is no data at all for standard Apps.  Please let me know, where I look for the data or where I can populate the ODATA?

Thanks,

Shreedhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191806
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shreedhar,

When you try creating a new Fiori Starter Project, after you enter the name, you will land on the "3. Data Connection" wizard step. If you select "service catalog", do you see any systems in the drop down list? If so, when you select one of the systems, does any error appear? For example:

In any case, the prerequisites for using a back-end system as data provider are (for the cloud WebIDE):

• to connect the system using the Hana Cloud Connector (I guess that you have done this step). You must be sure to allow access to the /sap/opu/odata or /sap/hba (for HANA XS OData) paths (including subpaths)
  • create a destination for your system, here you must assure that you have the additional parameter WebIDEUsage, with the following values: odata_abap,odata_gen, odata_xs (the last one is only if you have a back-end HANA XS engine).

Also, if nothing else works, you can try and register your service in the HCI oData Provisioning service of the cloud account (cockpit -> services -> HCI OData Provisioning). If it works, then the problem is with the WebIDE parameters.

Regards,

Serban

0 Kudos

Thanks Serban,

I am able to establish the connection with ECC backend .

In WEB IDE, I am trying to extend the  Standard App.

I am referring to this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KHYGPN7PBg

But I am not getting any data from Standard App.

where I can look into ODATA to see ( why there is  no data for this  standard App.) ?

Please  see the screen shots below.

former_member191806
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shreedhar,

Can you open Chrome's developer tools (left click on something -> Inspect element) and see if there are an errors? If not go to the "Network" tab in the developer tools and refresh the page, then open the "Change Customer" popup. After doing this you will see all requests done by the page. One (or more) of these requests should be to the odata service. If you double click an entry in this list, you can see the response of the request (i.e. the oData service response).

To find our exactly which odata service your app is using, go to Component.js and look into the metadata definition for the serviceConfig object (check the screenshot below).

This URL is actually a virtual one, and is mapped to a destination according to a route-mapping defined in the neo-app.json (the virtual path is the path attribute and the real one is the entryPath). You can navigate through the oData model directly using a browser if you determine the real URL (just add the ECC's host:port in front of the /sap/opu/... URL).

You can also try out the HCI oData Provisioning service to navigate through the data (you would have to add the destination in the HCI and add the oData service).

Regards,

Serban

Answers (0)