Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Page before section but no obvious reason

former_member1110314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a problematic report file in which the Details Section "u" always starts on a new page despite there being no instruction to do so. I cannot see any reason for this. I've checked that all graphics fall within the page limits, checked all pagination settings, but nothing is showing up as the cause.

If you have any ideas please let me know! (Please forgive me in advance if it is something really obvious!)

I cannot post the rpt file here but if you want to take a look i am happy to send.

many thanks

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Please do send the report 'with saved data'. You may send it to my e-mail (e-mail is in my profile).

-Abhilash

former_member1110314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there Abhilash, I've sent the file to you.

many thanks

Karen

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

I just sent you the updated report.

I removed the 'New Page Before' options on Detail Sections s and q. I also removed the conditional New Page Before formula on Details Section o.

Hope this helps.

- Abhilash

former_member1110314
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again Abhilash! I guess I'd forgotten i'd been putting in some conditions before I decided on my final format. I've put a New Page After on the end of section m to ensure the first venue is always on a new page.

(Once again something obvious, silly me!)

many thanks

Karen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Keep Together' property for that section or for a subreport placed in that section?

former_member1110314
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there Ido

The "Keep Together" setting is not causing the problem as there is plenty of room on the previous page for the entire section. I tested without it and there was no difference. There is no point for a subreport, as the section is mostly just spaces for people to fill in by hand.

Thanks anyway for your input!

-Karen