Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VKM3 Authorization check

0 Kudos

I have requirement where I should check the user authorization before releasing the SO

My SO will be blocked due to insufficient Credit. If the Customer is known are good one, we need to proceed his SO. In order to do it we need to release it using the transaction VKM3. So I need to set authorization to the users who can release this SO. When I tried searching for BADI or User EXIT or Cusomer EXIT i couldn't find one. But I found the appropriate implicit to acheive the same functionality. But Is there any other alternative to achive the same. Because I want Implicit to be my last option.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member183824
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please go with Custom Authorization Object.

SAPTechnical.COM - Defining Authorization objects for custom database tables

Thank you ,

Puneet

0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

You are right and below is exactly how I am going to create and check the authorization in my Implicit.

How to add custom authorization object to a SAP standard transaction

But before doing that I just want to know is there any alternative since Implicit should be the last option. And I also have few other conditions which needs to be checked along with this. And if you execute VKM3 it gives you the option to release multiple SO's in a single go aswell and it also gives appropriate messages reg. error,processed, release starus etc in a ALV List. So all these functionalites should not be affected. (My Implicit will allow multiple SO release + it also allows me to give messages in the same ALV). Is there any BADI or User Exit or Customer EXIT to incorporate my scenario in VKM3?

0 Kudos

Try with USER_EXIT_FUELLEN_XVBKRED in Include SAPDBKMV

G. Lakshmipathi

harshsisodia31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please check below user exit.

EXIT_SAPLV09A_002

This will be called at the time of delivery creation.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Try INCLUDE MV45AFZF.

May be this will help you .

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the Customer is known are good one, we need to proceed his SO. In order to do it we need to release it using the transaction VKM3. So I need to set authorization to the users who can release this SO.

Hi

I didn't get this statement. It looks like you are talking about first level authorization thats is VKM3 and this could be done just by assigning Tcode in user's role. If you are talking about authorization level matrix 2 then please be clear on which field do you want to put authorization?

Thank$

0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

we are planning to give the second level authorization...In VKM3 if give the SO Number and Execute it'll show you the SO details.... Or If you execute without giving any details it'll show all the SO's that are blocked. Say for example I'm authorised user who can release SO upto a credit limit of 1000....Now I execute VKM3 and it shows all the SO, including SO with credit limit more than 1000..Now if I try to release any SO having credit limit more than 1000..Then this should be restricted. I don't want to take my coding to SO level so i don't want to use SO level exits(MV45AFZF) or BADI

0 Kudos

Hi

There are two ways to do this.

1. Create authorization object and maintain a Z table with users and values. Add code in userexit mentioned by you. (You said you dont want this)
  2. Use status profile for this and create approval statuses. I doubt you have to write code in this case as well.

There is no release strategy type releasing facility in SD in standard settings like we have in MM. Workflow can do this or some ABAP coding could help.

Thank$