Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

how to pick approvers before start of workflow

Hello experts ,

i have a requirement to enhance workflow WS20000040 (Approve Trip)  so that end users can pick the approver at the beginning of the workflow (similar to the SRM workflow for approving shopping carts). How can this be done?

1. can i turn this workflow into an ad-hoc workflow? as per http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_03/helpdata/en/f4/9f9138d380f50fe10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

and would end users be able to select approvers in the standard Travel Management MSS Web Dynpro  application (which uses WS20000040 - Approve Trip)

2. should I enhance the workflow container to store the ID of  the approver? and end users will pass the approver in the approver ID container element?

3. other options ideas?

regards,

Tom.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Well, how is the standard workflow started? I am quite sure that it is started with an event (BUS2089.CREATED?). If this is the case, then there is event linkage defined in SWETYPV between the event and workflow. Now the customized ABAP web dynpro application will still create the same event, so you just change the standard workflow template to your own template in the event linkage.

This is a "standard procedure" when you want to use your own workflow template instead of the standard one (and events are being used for starting the workflow).

Regards,

Karri

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question