cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pick approvers before start of workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts ,

i have a requirement to enhance workflow WS20000040 (Approve Trip)  so that end users can pick the approver at the beginning of the workflow (similar to the SRM workflow for approving shopping carts). How can this be done?

1. can i turn this workflow into an ad-hoc workflow? as per http://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias_2012_03/helpdata/en/f4/9f9138d380f50fe10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

and would end users be able to select approvers in the standard Travel Management MSS Web Dynpro  application (which uses WS20000040 - Approve Trip)

2. should I enhance the workflow container to store the ID of  the approver? and end users will pass the approver in the approver ID container element?

3. other options ideas?

regards,

Tom.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be looking ways to enhance the MSS web dynpro application. Should be possible quite easily if the application is an ABAP web dynpro application. The idea would be to add a new custom field (Approver) to some of the views. Perhaps the MSS application already offers some kind of enhancement options?

Once the approver is stored somewhere, you can most likely easily use it as an agent in workflow. Just take a copy of the standard WF (e.g. WS20000040) and do the necessary modifications to it.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Karri

thanks for the useful reply.

how will the agent be passed to the workflow and how will workflow use the agent?

the workflow container does not have a parameter for storing the agent,  see below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/3b/dbdc53b5ef424de10000000a174cb4/content.htm

Workflow Container 

Event Parameter Container 

_WF_Initiator 

<- 

_Evt_Creator 

EmployeeTrip 

<- 

_Evt_Object 

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to have the agent in the container. You can for example use an agent rule to get the agent (=approver). In any case and whatever your solution will be, I am sure that you cannot use the standard workflow as it is and you need to make your own version of it, and then you can do whatever you want (even add new container elements if you want to use them).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri

that is a good solution. any idea how to change the ABAP Web Dynpro to use the custom approval workflow.

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, how is the standard workflow started? I am quite sure that it is started with an event (BUS2089.CREATED?). If this is the case, then there is event linkage defined in SWETYPV between the event and workflow. Now the customized ABAP web dynpro application will still create the same event, so you just change the standard workflow template to your own template in the event linkage.

This is a "standard procedure" when you want to use your own workflow template instead of the standard one (and events are being used for starting the workflow).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay. gracias.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a concept call Adhoc Agent Assinment . Please check the link

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/f4/9f9138d380f50fe10000009b38f8cf/content.htm