Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio 1.4 SDK: Issues when launching from the Eclipse IDE

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am receiving various errors when launching Design Studio 1.4 from the Eclipse IDE for SDK development.  All of the components appear in the Component panel as expected but I can't drag and drop any of the SDK components (or standard components for that matter) onto the canvas.  When I launch Design Studio 1.4 independently of Eclipse everything works fine (event though I still see come errors in the Console).

I'm hoping the community can provide some guidance to help resolve the issue.  The details are documented below:

Environment:

Design Studio Version: Release 1.4 SP0 Patch 1 (64-bit)

Eclipse Version: Java EE IDE Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1) - 64-bit

Java Run-time Environment: Version 8 Update 25 (64-bit)

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Eclipse Configuration for DS SDK:

Target Location:

Target Environment:

Target Run Configuration (Main):

Target Run Configuration (VM Arguments as per DS SDK Developer Guide):

Steps to Reproduce Error

1.  Launch Eclipse

2.  Launch DS 1.4 from Run command in Eclipse

The following screen appears immediately after launching DS from Eclipse:

At this point the DS error log is as per the attached DS_Log_After_Eclipse_Launch.txt file.

3.  Create a new blank Application from the Application -> New menu.  This time additional error messages appear as shown in the screenshot below:

It's not possible to drop any standard or SDK components onto the canvas because the internal browser doesn't appear to have been instantiated due to the above errors.

At this point the DS error log is as per the attached DS_Log_After_Eclipse_LaunchAndAppCreate.txt file.

3. Return to Eclipse IDE

The Eclipse Console displays the following errors:

EclipseConsoleAfterLaunch.png

The Eclipse Console Log is as per the attached EclipseConsoleLog.txt file.

4.  Launch DS 1.4 Independently

The following errors also appear when I launch DS 1.4 independently of Eclipse but it in this case everything seems to work fine.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

david_hughes
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at the logs, it could be an issue with the Network Port. Could you try setting it explicitly in the Preferences?  

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

From My Experience you batter use older version of Eclipse - Helios:

Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers | Packages

developers/heliossr2

Good Lack

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you are using JRE8? Can you check with JRE7?

as Design Studio does not support JRE8, we have not tested this constellation.

my dev env in 64 bit based on JRE7 is working.

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa, I don't have a good answer for your problem (I'm running 32-bit Eclipse Mars with 32-bit DS) but I wanted to let you know that I also get those 'DeclaredServiceActivator' errors in my error log however everything (including launching from Eclipse) is working for me.  Just wanted to also say I think it's unrelated to your problem.  (But maybe someone can also answer why we get this one?)

Good luck!