Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in ME23N print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I modified the custom smartform which was assigned to ME23N and it is activated. But when I click on 'Print Preview' in the tcode, the old version of smartform is displayed. When I debugged, I found that the new codes I entered does not come into picture. What might be the reason?

Thanks,

Ahamed Yashif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

Please check whether the customized smartform has been assigned to the ME23n print program.

if YES then check whether the smartform is active.

7 REPLIES 7

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

Please check whether the customized smartform has been assigned to the ME23n print program.

if YES then check whether the smartform is active.

0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The smartform is assigned to me23n in NACE and I rechecked the name. I had already activated it, but still I reactivated the smartform once again. Even now the same problem persists.

0 Kudos

Please check whether the TR has been transported properly or not ( In case you are checking in any Non Development clients ).

0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

In some case, in driver program SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME may contain old smartform name, some developer may hardcoded different smarform name instead of fetching the smartform name from NACE.

Also check the same.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman

0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

Yes. the Print program Tcode is NACE. And put a beakpoint in SMARTFORM program and Debug and see whether the program is called when Printing.

Easy Step To Debug a Smartform - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

If YES;

Your changes are not yet been reflected(smartform is inactive)

or

you might have done changes to another smartform program.

If NO;

ME23n is calling a different Print prgram. find it and do the changes in the smartform in that progam.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

That's what exactly happened along with transportation issue! There are many smartforms doing same job which are segregated on PO type. I did not understand why would one recopy smartform which has changes only on the 'Main Window' which is neither hardcoded. Anyways, I have got a huge work to combine everything into one.

Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos

Hi Ahamed,

The problem in reverting the changes in smartform is not so easy, that's why the developers are use to take a smartform copy before doing the change.

But it is recommendable to take the copy in the system by downloading(Using Download option) instead of creating the new one in dev system. If new smartform created, It lead smartform duplication at the end.

Regards

Rajkumar Narasimman