Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions in transformation to load

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If company code is C001 then i want to be ID as same i.e 3001 else if company code is C002 than it has to append with CC_3001 to avoid duplicate records as BPC does not allow duplicate ID.Can you please suggest me how i can do this. Thanks!

Cost centre

COMP_CODE

CO_AREA

C001

C001

C002

C002

C001

C001

C002

C002

-Vishu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhagyesh_ravange
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishu,

Try as mention below:

ID=COMP_CODE+*STR(_)+Costcentre

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am not loading hierarchy data.

I am trying to load data from flat file which is contains any space or blank values.

Data is available in flat file looks like below.

I've mapped in transformation as below.

ID=*IF(COMP_CODE=*STR(C100) then COST_CENTER,COMP_CODE=*STR(C200) then *STR(CC_)+COST_CENTER)

CO_AREA=CO_AREA

COMP_CODE=COMP_CODE

But i am getting error "Dimension member is an Invalid member ID". can you please check whether did i do any mistake in my transformation file?

I am explaining my requirements once gain here.

If company code is C001 then i want to be ID as same i.e 3001 else if company code is C002 than it has to append with CC_3001 to avoid duplicate records as BPC does not allow duplicate ID.

Regards,

Vishu

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you say , its loading of transaction data through flat file...then I would like to confirm have you maintained ID's like CC_3001 in BPC master data for costcenter dimension.

If CC_3001 is not maintained in costcenter dimension then it will throw error.

Regards,

Bishwajit

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bishwajit,

Thanks for prompt replay. I am trying to load master data from flat file not transaction data.

-Vishu

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issues like "Dimension member is an Invalid member ID" are generally due to blank spaces and special characters.

So, I kindly request you to consider a minimum records(1-5) to load as master through flat file.And then whatever error log you get, please share the screen-shot of the error log. May be that might help us quickly resolve the issue.

Regards,

Bishwajit

bhagyesh_ravange
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vishu,

From the records which you have provided, transformation file is getting validated..

Also share the screen of the whole master data from "Data Preview"

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate Bhagyesh for your time.Thanks a ton.

I am able to validate successfully. Once again thanks

-Vishu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu,

Can you try this

IF(COMP_CODE=C001 THEN COST CENTER;COMP_CODE=C002 THEN *STR(CC_)+COST CENTER)

Shrikant

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Mr.Jadhav has missed out the default action ,

So, it could be -

CostCenter = *IF(COMP_CODE = *STR(C001) then CostCenter;COMP_CODE = *STR(C002) then *STR(CC_)+CostCenter; *STR(NOCOSTCENTER))

Regards,

Bishwajit

former_member398742
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I've mapped between source to target in transformation file as below in ss.

But i am getting error "Dimension member is an Invalid member ID". can you please check whether did i do any mistake in my transformation file?

Thanks

Vishu

bishwajit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because of the BLANK ID in BW for which you have no MAPPING.

So kindly go through the POSSIBLE ERRORS section of the following document -

where it mentions:-

"3. Notice in the error message below that it reads "Dimension member  is an invalid member ID". There is an extra space between "member" and "is". It is very common practice in planning data to have a BLANK ID in BW even if it is a compounded characteristic. Make sure you cater for eliminating this in your conversion. A statement like this in your *MAPPING section can help: ID=*IF(ID=*STR() THEN *STR(XXXX);ID=*STR() THEN *STR(XXXX);ID) i.e. direct the blank member to an equivalent value in BPC. "

Wish that helps...

Regards,

Bishwajit

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishu,

Kindly share the full log of error and confirm that ID's are not containing non standard characters such as /, #, %, blank,etc.

Shrikant

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Do you want to change the ID's of Costcenter dimension?? and all the costcenters starts with 3 as you mentioned in the table??

Please clear your requirement.

Regards,

Meenu