Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Gift Receipt

Hopefully someone can help me with this issue.

I'm using Crystal Reports XI and have modified a gift receipt that was developed by my predecessor. The subreports are located in one large detail section. The main issue I am having is that the subreport is duplicating data on the main report. I have tried moving the subreport into separate group headers/footers but then the main report has all the subreport data listed for each constituent (even those it should not apply to). I have also tried splitting each subreport into a separate detail line but the duplication on the main report still happens.

I also have some basic SQL Expressions to pull the correct nametype into formulas that are in the main report:

Honor Roll Name (working properly): (select "NAME_HONOR_ROLL"."NAMEFORMN" from "MILLORA"."NAME_HONOR_ROLL" "NAME_HONOR_ROLL" where "NAME_HONOR_ROLL"."NAMEID" = "GENERIC"."ID_NUMBER")

Preferred Name (working but occasionally get a blank name): (select "NAME_PREFERRED"."NAMEFORMN" from "MILLORA"."NAME_PREFERRED" "NAME_PREFERRED" where "NAME_PREFERRED"."NAMEID" = "GENERIC"."ID_NUMBER")

Formula:

@Name to Use: If {GIFTS.GIFTYESNO} = 'N' then {NAME_PREFERRED.NAMEFORMN} else {NAME_PREFERRED.NAMEPLURAL}

A secondary issue is that the wrong nametype is pulling into the @name to Use. In the result set attached, you will see that sometimes the honor roll name (has years or formal title as suffix) is where the Preferred name should be even though I have a formula dictating where the Preferred name should be.

Let me know if I can provide more information. See attached result set (last page is where the duplicate resides).

Thank you.

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question