cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KSU5 CO assessment cycles unexpected calculation results

edwin_weijers3
Explorer
0 Kudos

For Example I have 2 cost centers (senders) and 3 receiving objects (cost center, WBS, order).

From the senders I have send direct activities to receivers by CATS time writing. (direct activity allocation).

In addition I want to allocate actual cost from the sender const centers to the receiving objects by means of assessment cycle (KSU5).

In the tab "segment header" I indicate "posted amounts",  in the receiver base I mention "variable portions""  and "actual cost".

In the tab "receiver refenrence base"  i indicate the type "3 actual consumption". Tracing factors are 100 for all receivers.

For each sender I created a segment.

Now I would expect the system to calculate for each sender the assessment amounts based on the activity consumption of each particular cost center. However the system calculates the assessmet based on the activity consumption for all senders summarized. Total amounts allocated are okay for each cost center, but the apportionment to each individual receiver object on each particular cost center is not, because it is based on the weighting of the cumulated consumption for all cost centers and not for the particular sender const center.

Example: Cost center A has 3 receiving objects 1, 2 and 3. Each consuming 5 hours of activity in CATS, The additional cost center cost are 45.

Cost center B has the same receiving objects and 100 additional cost. Receiving object 1 consumed 60 hours, object 2 consumed 30 hours and object 3 consumed 10 hours,

I would expect that all 3 objects would assess cost of 15 each from cost center A (they all consumed same amount of hours = 5), where for cost center B I expect receiver objet 1 gets 60, receiver object 2 gets 30 and receiver object 3 gets 10 as cost amounts from assement cycle.

What the system does:

However the cost for both cost centers are based on cumulative hour consumption for each receiving object. So object 1 consumed 65 hours in total, object 2 consumed 35 hours and object 3 consmed 15 hours. 115 hours in total.

Now for cost center A the assessment will be: to object 1 (65/115 x 45) = 25, to object 2 (35/115x45) = 14 and to object 3 (15/115x45) = 6.

For cost center B it is (65/115x100)= 57 to object 1, fot object 2 it is (35/115x100)= 30 ad for object 3 (15/115x100)=13.

Gurus, what did I do wrong? I want the expected cost assesment portions per cost center, not the portions calculated like in the example

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_vanaken2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Edwin,

I understand what you want to achieve but what the system does is correct in my opinion: the tracing factor is activity consumption, independently of the activity sender reason why the system sum up the tracing factor value.

The get the result you are looking for using assessment, I am afraid you will have to duplicate the activity type you use as tracing factor per sender.

Alternatively, you can look for other allocation techniques such as costing sheets or templates.

Good luck.

Thomas

edwin_weijers3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your answer. It confirms my assumptions that indeed the consumption quantity is regarded without the specific cost center. My hope was that there was maybe an activator available that would enable the cost center specific consumption approach, but obviously there  isn't such a fiunction. Still I am glad you confirmed the system works as designed,

Best regards,

Edwin Weijers

Answers (0)