cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document flow in SAP EM WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have all the necessary Doc flow config for the web ui but still unable to see the document flow tab or option on EM Web UI.

Note: This is just the beginning of the imp. and which is why we do not have the rule set yet. I can understand if the doc flow is not updated because of that. But the "document flow" tab should still be visible.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata,

Go to IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Define User Profiles -> User Profile -> Select your user profile and select the check box of "Document Flow".

Document flow will display in the web interface.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

That is done. I still dont see it.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debabrata,

I got it now.  You want to see the "Document Flow" tab before event handler shows.  When I check in this link Displaying a Network, it shows as below.

"1. You select one event handler in the Web interface (classic). 

2. The Web interface (classic) calls SAP EM and displays the event handler.

3. You want to see the hierarchy for this event handler and choose Document Flow.

4. The Web interface (classic) calls SAP EM. SAP EM calls methods in the document flow to read the network.

5. The document flow sends the relevant network data to SAP EM."

It means event handler detail brings the document flow tab, I believe when event handler document flow updated through creation of event handler update activity or event message through rule set.

Check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

you can check table /SAPTRX/EH_HDR. If Document Flow exists field DF_EXIST has an X.

Only then a link "Document Flow" will be displayed in the UI.

This flag is set in function module /SAPTRX/DF_UPDATE.

If your config is ready and document flow is called this function module should be called.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

No, the /SAPTRX/EH_HDR does not have DF_EXIST = X. I think that explains why the doc flow tab is not showing up. But I the configuration is set up as required.

I believe it is something to do with not having the Rule Set. Remember, the EH type does not have a rule set at all.

I will set up the Rule Set and check again.

Thanks,

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Even after I select the event handler, it still does not show. I think it is do with not having the rule set at all.

Thanks,

Deb

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Document Flow could also be updated via EH Update Activity 2. Maybe you could also check there.

It is also assigned in the EH TYpe config.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

If you want to show document flow in event handler then you have to Define Activities for Updating Event Handlers -> Setup a step in Multitask EH Update activity with activity DF_UPDATE_FROM_EH and provide Document flow group.

Now go to Define Event Handler Types and enter Multitask EH Update Activity Function in EH Upd.Acty 2 (as told by Stefan).

Note: If you want to update document flow through event message then you have to use ruleset activity function DF_UPDATE.

Regards

GGOPII