cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Eclipse to Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDKers,

I am trying to explore the SDK world but am facing trouble connecting Eclipse (Version: Luna Service Release 1 (4.4.1) Build id: 20140925-1800)

to Design Studio (version 1.3 SP1).

Since i am in the unknown territory, I am just going by the SDK manual ds13SP01_dev_guide.  I am on section 3.1.6 Setting the Target Platform where it is saying to go to Window --> Preferences --> Plug-In Developmet but I am not seeing anything in preferences that says

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I used to use Luna (4.4) in a previous workstation however I'm now using Mars (4.5)

Related to your missing plugin development option, are you sure you downloaded the Java EE edition of Eclipse Luna?  I think there's a smaller version that doesn't have everything that you may have downloaded.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You are right on the nail...I was using a different version of Eclipse which is why I was not able to see the other options.  For those of you who want to know where to find eclipse and its correct version, click here Eclipse Downloads and download the below version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Will it be possible for you to put the link of correct Eclipse version that can work with DS 1.3 SP1 and JRE version 7 build 51?

Thank you so much!!