cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI/BW - Calculate the total on individual Columns on BEX

0 Kudos

Hello

I have a situation using BEX query.

The case is as follows, I have several customers for different type of products.

Customer 1Customer 2Customer 3
PType1101520
PType215111
PType33310
Results181941

I need the total of products (18, 19, 41) on a calculated key figure for each customer to be used in another formula.

It should look like this:

Customer1KFTotalCustomer2KFTotalCustomer3KFTotal
PType1101815192041
PType215181191141
PType33183191041
Results181941

The issue I am having is that I am unable to get the total in the KFTotal key figure for each individual customer.

Until now, I have tried:

1. Use exception aggregate in a formula with option “Summation” in reference to customer.

The issue here is that the KFTotal Keyfigure displays the individual value for each Product type instead of the total.

1. Use Data function SUMGT on the values for each customer. The issue here is that I am having the total for all customers instead of each individual customer. I.e, all KFTotal will display 78 (18+19+41). I cannot use exception aggregate while using SUMGT.

1. Use Data function SUMRT on the values for each customer. Same issue as with SUMGT.
  2. Use Data function SUMCT on the values for each customer.  Values for KFTotal = X. I cannot work with this.

Can anybody please help me . How can I calculate the individual totals? I basically need the same total calculated locally for display in a calculated key figure.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

Using formula variables it will be tricky.

I tried with SUMCT and it is working fine.  Please see screenshots below.

1. Create Formula with data function SUMCT

2. Go to calculation tab of formula and hide "Calculate Results as"

3.For vendor make it Results row "Always Dsiplay"

4. See the below result

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi, this solution should work but the issue the structure of my report. Maybe I did not describe it correctly. Sorry. The two key figures (sales and sum of sales) are broken by the customer.  If I removed the customer, then the solution about would work.

The result should look like this :

Customer 1Customer 2Customer 3
Sales     Sum of SalesSales   Sum of SalesSalesSum of Sales
PType1    101815192041
PType215181191141
PType33183191041
Results181941
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You mean after removing the customer it is working or After removing the customer it should work. Sorry i did not get it correctly?.

What do you mean by key figures are broken by customer. is that customer is not having the values?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Customer is found above the structure of keyfigure in Columns. This means that I need the sum of sales for each customer and ptype. Having customer above the key figure structure breaks the sum and SUMCT is not returning any value because of the customer.

Thanks.

John.

BernhardE
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In case that you have not any filter set on characteristic " type of products" you may try using feature "Constant Selection" in order to realize your scenario:

Keyfigure Sum of Sales =  - Keyfigure Sales

- " type of products" (flag Constant Selection)

Best regards,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Actually, I do have a filter on type of products.

BernhardE
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi John,

How is the filter on type of products defined in your query scenario? Is it possible to also put the same restriction into Keyfigure Sum of Sales? I think this should work.

e.g.:

Keyfigure Sum of Sales =  - Keyfigure Sales

- " type of products" (flag Constant Selection)
                                              - PType1, PType2, PType3

BR Bernhard

0 Kudos

Product type is on the selection screen, any number of product type can be chosen . I am not sure what you mean by having the same restriction on keyfigure sum of sales, is a calculated keyfigure that sums sales from a customer.

BernhardE
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am a bit confused about your last answer.

Instead of using a calculated keyfigure for "Sum of Sales" I would suggest to try the following approach:

- For"Sum of Sales" create a keyfigure selection (or a restricted keyfigure) and:
   - Enter "Sales" as keyfigure
   - Add characteristic product type -> right click -> flag constant selection
   - Add the same restriction on product type as defined globally (e.g. restrict on the same variable which appears on the selection screen).

Kind of:

More information related to the Constant Selection feature can be found on our WIKI page:
OT-OLAP-CS - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse - SCN Wiki

0 Kudos

This works great! Thanks! Thank you to all the others too, learned a lot of new concepts.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am predicting that you have some cells for key figures as "*". may be thats why you are getting "X".

Try to remove those and you will get the correct result.  Try with oss note 1013127 as well

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Have got the solution for your requirement,if yes then please share with us so that it may helpful us .

Thanks,

sunil

santosh_hiremath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As kool Sudha explained, it should work.. as you said you are getting 'x'

Can you elaborate more so we can identify the gap(if possible with screen shots).

Regards,

Santu

0 Kudos

Hi.

So I have implemented Sudha's solution.

1. Calculated key figure for the totals.

2. Local calculations for that key figure:

3. Settings for Row (Product type).

The Result is as follows;

Customer1KFTotalCustomer2KFTotalCustomer3KFTotal
PType110X15X20X
PType215X1X11X
PType33X3X10X
Results181941

Note that if I diplay results for the KFTotal key figure, the correct total is display. So the issue is with the individual values which I need for another calculation. I have tried to display with NoDim but the issue is the same.

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use customer Iobj in rows pane & set hide . Now try to run query u will get kf total also.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Without Exception..Cant we use it this way,

CKF1= Customer 1 values as you have shown...

CKF2= SUMGT/SUMCT (CKF1)

rgds

SVU

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

1 Create replacement path formula variable for customer 1 ,2 and 3 and keep all in COLUMNS

2 Place TYPE(PType1,2,3) characteristic in Rows and result always display

3 Create three formulas for customer 1 ,2 and 3 to display overall result like 18,19, 41 by using  SUMGT function to display side of each customer

Regards,

Nanda

0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for your response.

I actually, the solution you are proposing requires that I know the number of customer. I did not mention that in the original post sorry, but the data used in the original post is an example. In practice, I will not know the number of customers, the solution should work for any number of customers.

ccc_ccc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Solution which I proposed work for all customer, I just explained you based on your example so that you can understand better.

Regards

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you try cells?