cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Invoicing for 501 mvt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My customer performs 501 mvt for materials without any PO. The materials have been received and sold to customers.

We're not able to perform invoice against PO to keep the link.

Can you tell me how could we have the invoice and what to do with the open PO items.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Patrick,

What about this which i read in one of the post, Although i never tried this but it might help you:

" If you use goods receipts without a purchase order in your system (movement type 501), you have to check to which accounts the account groupings are assigned ZOB

If you expect invoices for the goods receipts, and these invoices can only be posted in only Accounting, you can enter a clearing account (similar to a GR/IR clearing account though without open item management), which is cleared in Accounting when you post the vendor invoice"

Best Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are doing Goods receipt with 501 movement type, you should have entered the "Delivery note" in MIGO screen and then can go for invoice posting(MIRO) with respect to Delivery note only.

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the reason to use a 501 movement if you have a PO?

If you would just follow the best practice with PO, GR with 101, MIRO then you would not not have any issue.

What keeps you away from cancelling the 501 with a 502 and posting it with 101 if you don't want open PO items?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jrugen

The previous consultant () suggested this solution to the customer for receiving quickly materials for urgent deliveries. I'm just getting in the project and I'm facing such issue.

I understand your point and I know that this is supposed to be the best way.

Please thanks to give a workaround or the best way to resolve such problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Capture the invoices without a PO reference using FB60 just like how the material has been captured.Short close the open POs in mass.

2) Cancel all 501 documents, post GRs and then post IRs in MIRO

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no workaround to perform invoice with regards to the movement type 501.

Invoice should be performed as cornerstone of an order. But here, there are no order in your process.

501/521/561 movement types are used occasionally in case of any business glitch.

I don't know how your previous consultant had suggested that without knowing the future upshot.

If you want to pay vendor, then you have to pay (invoice) from FI side (direct posting) and then you need to change your process from right now.