cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measures not removable from datasource (DS1.3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Application: Design Studio R1.3 SP1 (Version: 13.1.0.201407221049)

Problem: Measures cannot be removed from the query.

Description: When I remove measures out of the datasource (EDIT INITIAL VIEW), they are removed from the list but still inside the preview and above all in the crosstab I created afterwards. Furthermore, in case of RE-Editing the INITIAL VIEW the measures I removed are back in the list and the preview-screen.

Things I tried to fix the problem:

• Restart DS
  • Create/use new/other existing queries

I did not find this problem in any other discussion - I hope you can help me. An upgrade/reinstallation is not possible at the moment because of the customers policy. If you are running into the same problems please report me as well.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a "strange" work-around for getting the measures you want:

1. Delete the non-wished measures in the EDIT INITIAL VIEW screen
  2. Press Undo once
  3. Press Redo once

Now the Live Preview is correct and also the application displays the correct data

Additional Info: Sometimes after several steps of removing measures they jump back into the selection. To "fix" that issue you have to do the Undo/Redo process several times resp. after every correct/working removal step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc.

I have the same issue with DS 1.5 and your solution not working for me .

Any other idea please?

Thank you

Salah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we also have the same problem with DS 1.5 and a BEx Query (BW on HANA) as a data source. According to our experience, there is an option in the BEx Query Designer to "force" the measures into the initial view. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of that property as I am no BW expert. But perhaps, you can check that on your system.

If you don't have the possibility to adjust the query, our workaround is to filter the specific measures at the same time the data source is loaded. For example, when they are not loaded via script, on startup of the application.

DS_1.setFilter("MEASURES", ["Measure_1", "Measure_2, ...]);

Good luck and best regards

Christiane

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if I can help - but could you provide more details - is a BEx query your data source? Why is it an issue if the measures still appear in the "Edit Initial View"?

If you don't want the measures there, why not remove them from the BEx query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create more than one datasource out of one query, that is why I do not remove them from the Query.

I use a BEx Query from BW 7.47 SP6 system.

It is in issue because it still appears in the preview-table and after re-editing it is back in the selected measures --> The selected list of measures not the possible/available list.