cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS Explorer.exe freezes - Win 7 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are facing a problem with SAP Document Management since we have migrated from XP to Windows 7 - 64bit.

When navigation in DMS it often occurs that the Windows Explorer is freezing and has to be restarted.

We have tried it with different Versions of SAP DMS. Today we did some testing with the newest Version 7.1.5.1 Unicode.

Reinstall the DMS doesnt solve the Problem.

In the System Log following Error is shown:

"Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Explorer.EXE, Version: 6.1.7601.17567, Zeitstempel: 0x4d672ee4

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: EasyDmsExplorer.dll, Version: 7.1.5.1, Zeitstempel: 0x545a61a1

Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

Fehleroffset: 0x000000000015ba39

ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x850

Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d02f1c58cb0adb

Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files\SAP\EasyDmsInterface\Unicode\EasyDmsExplorer.dll

Berichtskennung: adaca2ef-9b16-11e4-ac57-b00594ea27a7"

We have some Windows XP Clients running and they dont have the Problem (Same Location, Network, Infrastructur...).

Do you have any idea how we can fix this Error? Any ideas how we can troubleshoot it?

Please let me know if you need more Information.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the Problem is still not solved.

Any ideas what we can try?

Thanks

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Hald,

based on your description I think that maybe the following registry entries could be useful:

• 'NewDropEffect' (of type DWORD)
    under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\General" with value 1.

• 'StopStatusBarUpdate' (of type DWORD)
    under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\General" with value 1

Best regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the fast Answer. I have tried it on one Client, but it seems to not solve the problem.

I figured out, that we have 2 Problems (Maybe its the same root cause).

Its the Explorer freezes (still exist) and on the other Hand they get logged of and have to login again.

I found a Article from you about this Issue: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Getting+logged+off+from+EasyDMS

Our SAP Team has checked it but found no Problems in the Trace.

Do you have another Idea why the get logged off automatic? Settings for RFC Connection in the Client is 0 so should not come from this Setting. Also i am wondering because with XP we have none of this issues?!

Also other Ideas for the Explorer freeze?

Thank you!