cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Hub Configuration Servers Best Practices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

We have a question regarding the SAP “best practices” regarding the servers’ architecture strategy before going live with a SAP Fiori project.

We have a “hub” configuration, with separate backend and frontend server.

As usual, our landscape has Development, Quality, and Production systems.

Questions:

1. For instance, let’s introduce this first case: we implement and test the Fiori Apps with the Development system as a backend, connected to the new “Fiori” frontend server. Everything goes fine, and we decide to for the Production system. Should the frontend server be “reused” when moving to Production (changing the pointed system), or should we create a new frontend with the same configuration of the Dev. one?

2. In case we actually need this SECOND frontend “Fiori” server, which is the best way to get it: installing and setting up everything exactly in the same way it was done in the Dev. System from “zero”? Or can we just create an exact copy of the VM which contains the first Frontend server and change where it points to? Or is there any other recommended strategy for GOING LIVE with FIORI?

Any advice, hint, or comment regarding these possibilities would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Pau.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member82178
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pau,

In our customer landscape while implementing SAP Fiori we followed below architecture strategy which I think is best practice approach. It helps us with both standard apps (SAP Fiori) and custom apps ( Gateway  & UI developments) and transporting the changes following our regular practice. After development move changes to quality and after successful testing move to PRD.

Front End Server (Gateway Dev) -> Backend ( Dev)

Front End Server (Gateway QA) -> Backend (QA)

Front End Server (Gateway PRD) -> Backend (PRD)

Regarding your second question, create an exact copy and change where it points to and I remember our basis team followed this approach to setup quality & prod gateway installations. After installing required Fiori components in Dev and after applying required patches, support packs and SAP notes to check if working as expected and created exact copies for QA & PRD to avoid some rework.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu Sudhan

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pau,

Yes you are going with the recommended approach. HUB installation is always recommended. Regarding your approach , let me put my pov.

1. Once everything goes fine on dev system and you plan for production, It would be always good to have a new system for prod, for future. For if you reuse the DEV GW system as Prod, first you lose a dev gw system(dev frontend) and in case of any issue in prod, where you want to check with the DEV configs, you will again fail. So to Go Live, Good to have Prod GW system as a new one.

2. Prod system can be a replica of Dev system, Basis guys will be best to advice here on how to move .

Regards,

Tejas