Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Epm add-in?

former_member225916
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How i can disable 'Refresh' and 'Save data' buttons from EPM ribbon?

What are the possible ways to do it??

Thanks,

Naidu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want to replace the mentioned buttons with custom VBA buttons on your sheet? Or what?

Save data will be active only for input form... Refresh can be blocked by VBA...

Vadim

former_member225916
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to blocked both "Refresh" and "Save data" buttons from EPM ribbon and it's input form.

I knew how to write refresh and save data buttons on sheet.

Only macro would be the solution to block buttons?. We want to make this functionality default to all client machines (instead of blocking only to reports and input forms by using macro)

Thanks,

Naidu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only macro, no default settings!

Vadim

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naidu,

I don't think there is any option to block Refresh and Save other than Macros. But if you want to disable the Save button and create your own button for saving the data (as you mentioned you are creating an input form) then you can uncheck "Use as Input form" from sheet options and write EPMSaveData function to save the data.

It will affect your report performance to so extent but if your report is not big then you can go ahead with this option if it meets your requirement.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meenu,

Even if you don't use EPM report and write EPMSaveData functions the Save button will be still enabled to save data

Vadim

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I have done this in one of my project and it was working fine for me.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Done what?

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Disable Save button and create a button for saving the data by writing EPMSaveData.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ups,

You use the bug:

Sheet Options - Use as input form - unchecked

One cell =EPMSaveData(D2,"MEMBER1","MEMBER2",...)

D2 - value to be saved

Some other cell: =EPMExecuteAPI("SaveWorksheetData";"Save Data")

Save button is disabled in this case, but if you double click on cell with EPMExecuteAPI the data in D2 will be saved.

This bug may be corrected in the next version of EPM Add-In

With EPM report there is no bug - if Use as input form is unchecked then Save button is disabled and double click on cell with EPMExecuteAPI results in No data to send.

Also refresh button is not disabled!

Vadim

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I didn't use EPMExecuteAPI function instead I have used one button and defined the macro on it to save the data. Only unchecking the "Use as input form" and EpmSaveData function will work. I tried that just now, its working fine.

And yes, refresh button is not disabled in this case you can only disable Save button.

Also can you please tell in which version of EPM Add-in the bug you mentioned got resolved. It will be helpful.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a SAP employee and not a EPM developer I can only predict that in some future EPM version the bug will be resolved - if you uncheck the "Use as input form" - then no data sending can be done (by Send button, by macro or other).

Vadim

meenubansal87
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thank you Vadim.

Also I checked data is saving at the backend even if we uncheck "Use as input form" option and write EPMSaveData function. We only need to make sure that the EPMSaveData is written correctly, i.e. it is referrring to the correct cell values.

Regards,

Meenu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that's what I am talking about. If you have the option "Use as input form" unchecked the correct assumption is that you can't save any data And Save button is disabled. The bug is that the functions like SaveWorksheetData, SaveAndRefreshWorksheetData,... are not checking this option!

By the way, if you use VBA to create custom Send button - it's easy to disable standard Refresh and Send using BEFORE_REFRESH and BEFORE_SEND events (with some flag set in your custom button code). And this method is correct and will be supported later.

Vadim

P.S. Look on my code here:

Answers (0)