cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to differentiate between a material created through LSMW and manually created material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I have a requirement where I need to find out whether the material in question is created via LSMW or through the regular MM01 transaction. Is there any way one can find it? I tried checking Material master views but there is nothing that can indicate the difference. Your kind help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pratik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

the different if from idoc, there is no log in cdhdr

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pratik,

Material creation with LSMW also recording with MM01 transaction only and it is very difficult to find the same.

Regards,

Karna J

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrik,

I also think you can distinguish with some field, but I add an idea or logical.

Normally when you perform an action with LSMW, the creations are very fast and followed, ie one after the other and with the same user.

- Find the LSMW logs in SM35 the date and user name and verify in MARA with theses fields.

- If the log was deleted please try to search the table MARA with creation date and same user an appreciable amount and assume this lot of code come from LSMW.

I hope my crazy idea can help you.

Regards,

Xavier

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LSMW is just a workbench, the posting of materials is done with the standard methods that are also available without LSMW. If you do not use special user ID for migration then you will hopefully not see a difference between manually created and migrated accounts.

You may just assume that it is from a migration if the next few numbers in sequence are almost created in the same minute.

Further you may check the Action log in your LSMW object if the times match with the material master creation time.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so there are any signification. You can try MM04 to check the t-code for action Entry.