Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error as Algorithm negotiation fail for SFTP adapter

former_member217945
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working fille(NFS)-->PI-->SFTP, when i was trying to connect to the SFTP Server I am getting below error.

please help me on this issue

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same problem.

This has to do with the SFTP transport layer protocol negotiation.

It seems your SFTP-Server only accepts a protocol that your PI don't.

Please check, if you have the latest version of SFTP-adapter. I know, we had to update.

former_member217945
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi konert,

If we update latest version of SFTP adpater will it works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should definitely try!

You can find the problem running a PI-Inspector trace on the channel. There you can see what happens and where the problem really occurs.

Just go to <Your-PI>/xpi_inspector activate the trace for the SFTP-channel, let it poll and check the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

We have been facing the same issue "Algorithm Negotiation : fails " with the receiver SFTP adapter. We are using SAP PI 7.3 ,SFTP adapter SP4.

Did you able to get the soultion for this issue.

Please could you update if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks,

Ashwin

former_member217945
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ashwini,

Ask Basis team to update the latest patch for  SFTP adapter to SP004 Patch 7 and restart the system.

My issue got resolved after updating latest patch, before updating it was SP 0.

Thanks,

SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that the above solution (upgrade of S-FTP adapter) has solved the issue for us as well.

Thanks for pointing us in the right direction!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member217945
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue solved and closing this.

former_member217945
Participant
0 Kudos

I am closing this issue.

Thanks for the help guys.

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have been facing the same issue "Algorithm Negotiation : fails " with the receiver SFTP adapter.

We are using SAP PI 7.11.

Delivering the message to the application using connection SFTP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SFTP failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Algorithm negotiation fail.

We have updated SFTP adapter with latest patch SP04, but still getting the same error.

Thanks & Regards

Anil Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happens, if your SFTP server wants to use an encryption algorithm, that your PI does not support.

Before loging in the servers negotiate the algo. Every server and client has a priority of algos that are offered.

You can find out which ones are supported, you can use the PI-INSPECTOR and log the channel once.

Alternatively, the admin of the SFTP-Server should be able to check this setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Issue got resolved after updating the PIB2B_SFTP component to SP3 which is  SP(n-1).

Please check the component version at the PI system as per the below steps

1) Open the NetWeaver System Information using following URL
     http://<host>:<port>/nwa/sysinfo

2) Open Tab “Components Info”

3) Search for SFTP

Regards,

Ashwin

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

I have already updated SFTP adapter with latest patch SP04, but still the same issue.

Currently PI is authenticating SFTP server using userid/password and not Private key.

Thanks & Regards

Anil Kumar

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue got resolved by updating the JCE File Policy & by applying latest patch SP04 to SFTP adapter.

Thanks & Regards

Anil Kumar

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Reddy,

Please check below blog and update JCE policy.

http://scn.sap.com/community/b2b-integration/blog/2012/07/12/b2b-adapters--updating-to-jce-unlimited...

You can refer this note no 1915999 to check if the JCE policy is updated or not.

Hope this helps.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

former_member217945
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

JCE policy has been updated but still facing the same error, Can any one please help me on this.

Thanks in Advance,

Reddy

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos