cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Transport process using CTS+ - DEV-> Qualilty-> Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have three environments in SAP PI- development, quality and production environment. We have separate SLD's for all three. We follow a CTS+ methodology for transports.

The method we currently follow is that when we transport from Development to quality, we provide a Transport number to basis team(development TR number) and then when we transport from quality to production we gain create a new Transport number in quality and then send the same to Production and not the development one.

We do have transport routes and transport targets created for both like

Dev->Prod

Dev->QA->Prod

I have been asked to give a justification that why we follow Dev->QA->Prod i.e. different TR concept rather than Dev->Prod i.e one single TR.

Kindly tell me the best practice and supporting document if any which I can provide as my justification..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monika,

Change Management Service (CMS), recommends transporting same TR from DEV -> to QA -> to PRD. One of the strengths of SAP, is it's transport system (same TR till PRD).

There is no advantage in raising new TR in QA (it's unnecessary overhead, you may miss to transport some changes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu...

Can you please provide some supportive documents which I can present to my team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu..

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

apart from any document you can explain it that avoid multiple TR helps to keep a track on the version available in eac environment. In general QA is supposed to be a copy of Prod. and so nothing directly from DEV should be moved to Prod.

Regards