cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure SAP CRM with Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I came across a demo on a blog that showed how to configure ITSM in SAP CRM using Solution Manager.

Is there the same concept for any configuration in SAP CRM? I would like to know if it were possible to use it to configure other parts of SAP CRM (Service, Interaction Center or Sales). I'd rather do config in a "clean way" and have the relevant documentation already available instead of having to to it all manually via SPRO.

We're using SAP CRM 7.0 EHP2 and SolMan 7.1

Has anyone of you done it before? or is it just for ITSM?

Please let me know,.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't use Solman that way. Using Solman as a customer relationship management tool is extremely limited (you might just be able to configure it to handle the collection of complaints but not follow ups) and as Roy pointed out there are licensing issues involved and you won't get support.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry... not sure you get what I'm trying to do...

I'm not trying to use SolMan to manage my business...

I'm trying to understand if I can use Solution Manager to be able to setup my configuration that will be applied IN the CRM system.

I've configured my whole CRM sandbox for Interaction Center and basic Sales stuff. I used SPRO to do it.

Since I'm not a SolMan expert, I was under the impression that we could "package" a release for CRM using Solution Manager to manage my locks, transports, documentation and all the rest.

Those "packages" would then progress within my CRM environments up to Prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

1st question:

"I came across a demo on a blog that showed how to configure ITSM in SAP CRM using Solution Manager.

Is there the same concept for any configuration in SAP CRM?

It is Solman specific concept, I think you saw a SOLMAN_SETUP.

Cannot say that you have the same concept of configuration CRM system (reason may be it is very big)

I would like to know if it were possible to use it to configure other parts of SAP CRM (Service, Interaction Center or Sales). I'd rather do config in a "clean way" and have the relevant documentation already available instead of having to to it all manually via SPRO.

Same here, you will need a big WEBDYNPRO development if you want to have a same documentation already available like in SOLMAN_SETUP and not via SPRO.

We're using SAP CRM 7.0 EHP2 and SolMan 7.1

Has anyone of you done it before? or is it just for ITSM?"

2nd question:

Sure you can setup CRM with Solman to manage and package your transport and use a Release Management Concept.

Release, Import via Charm in Solman.

1. You need to conect CRM to Solman

2. Create logical component in Solman.

3. Configura Charm in Solman for CRM system

Rg Dan

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

What you are looking for is a functionality within solman known as Change Request Management or ChaRM

this functionality will help to manage and automate entire change management across your connected landscape i.e. CRM.ERP, BI BO third party etc

for.E.g

basis is doing manual way of doing transport from CRM dev to CRM Qua and then CRM Prod

with Solman ChaRM it will automate the entire process of transport in a controlled and efficient manner.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Change+Request+Management

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/solution-manager/blog/2013/11/19/new-features-of-chan...

Hope this helps

Thanks

Prakhar

roybrasse
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure you can't use CRM in Solution Manager for anything but ITSM.  First, it is probably not technically possible as this is not a full blown SAP CRM system.  Second, there is a licensing concern.  Solution Manager is not licenced to perform the type of CRM you are looking to implement.  Third, you won't get support from SAP and/or the SAP community.

Roy